It’s kale season. Want to know my favorite way to eat kale? Baked Kale Chips!
If you have kale in your garden or CSA box, try this recipe — your family will love it!
Baked Kale Chips make a delicious snack, appetizer or side dish — serve with sandwiches or soup.
Baked Kale Chips
Kale, (1 bunch)
Olive oil (3-4 TBS) — where to buy olive oil
Garlic (3-4 cloves)
Sea salt to taste — where to buy sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Optional: Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Core kale and rinse and dry leaves.
3. Flatten kale leaves and use the point of a knife to remove tough center ribs.
4. Stack leaves and roll them together, then slice crosswise into one-inch strips.
5. Peel and crush garlic.
6. Place kale in a mixing bowl. Toss with olive oil, garlic and sea salt, making sure leaves are well coated with olive oil.
7. Spread evenly across a large baking sheet.
8. Bake, tossing once or twice, until leaves are crispy but not burned, 2-5 minutes.
9. Optional: sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve.