It's kale season. Want to know my favorite way to eat kale? Baked Kale Chips!
If you have kale in your garden or CSA box, try this recipe — your family will love it!
Baked Kale Chips make a delicious snack, appetizer or side dish — serve with sandwiches or soup.
Baked Kale Chips
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Core kale and rinse and dry leaves.
3. Flatten kale leaves and use the point of a knife to remove tough center ribs.
4. Stack leaves and roll them together, then slice crosswise into one-inch strips.
5. Peel and crush garlic.
6. Place kale in a mixing bowl. Toss with olive oil, garlic and sea salt, making sure leaves are well coated with olive oil.
7. Spread evenly across a large baking sheet.
8. Bake, tossing once or twice, until leaves are crispy but not burned, 2-5 minutes.
9. Optional: sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve.
Photo Credit: Hamburger Helper, on Flickr