Adding bone broth powder to your coffee or morning smoothie? Thinking you're doing something good for yourself, something healthy? Not so fast… a new study conducted by the non-profit Consumer Wellness Center shows popular bone broth powder products sold by companies including Ancient Nutrition and Left Coast contain pesticides, antibiotics, steroids and parabens.
Bone Broth Powder Contains Pesticides, Antibiotics, Steroids & Parabens
Are you consuming bone broth powder to improve your health? You may want to rethink that.
I have been hearing from reports from readers and friends that their symptoms started coming back after they started adding bone broth powder to their diet.
I was suspicious about these bone broth powders because most of them are made from bones that are not organic. I never recommend consuming chicken or beef broth unless it is made from organic bones. This is because bone broth is made from animal bones and animals eating conventional feed consume a lot of fluoride and pesticides.
Toxins like fluoride, lead and pesticides are stored in the bones of animals (including humans). Fluoride has a half-life of 20 years, but according to author, Debra Lynn Dadd, “Some pesticides can remain in your body for 50 years.”
An examination was done of lead in the bones of Peruvians buried 1600 years ago. The Peruvian bones were compared to lead found in the bones of present day residents of the United Kingdom and the United States. The amount of lead in the bones of present day human bodies is 1000 times the amount found in the bones of ancient Peruvians. (Source)
Is it any wonder so many of us are getting cancer?
Bone Broth Powder: What the Lab Tests Found
Some of the things the study found in bone broth products:
- Antibiotics and Antimicrobials
- Multiple Insecticides, including an organophosphate chemical
- Multiple prescription drugs
Not all chemicals were found in all products. Here are some of the specific ingredients the lab tests found in the different products:
- Actinobolin, an antibiotic, was found in PrecisionNaturals: Bone Broth Protein Powder.
- Athidathion, an organophosphate insecticide, was found in LonoLife: Savory Chicken Bone Broth (Paleo).
- Butylparaben (Butyl paraben), an antimicribiol preservative used in cosmetics, was found in Ancient Nutrition: Bone Broth Protein (Coffee)
- Cyclandelate, a vasodilator drug, was found in Ancient Nutrition: Bone Broth Protein Meal (Chocolate Creme) and Sports Research: Bone Broth Protein (with Collagen).
- Dipropyl isocinchomeronate (MGK-326), insect repellant, was found in Ancient Nutrition: Bone Broth Collagen and Jarrow Formulas: Beyond Bone Broth (Chicken).
- Netilmicin, an antibiotic used to treat urinary tract infections, was found in Left Coast: Bone Broth Protein Powder (Natural).
Watch the Video: Bone Broth Powder Contains Pesticides, Antibiotics, Steroids & Parabens
My Recommendation: Avoid These Products
The last thing we need is more pesticides and heavy metals in our diet. Avoid all bone broth and bone broth products unless they are organic. If you have any of these products in your house, personally, I'd toss them.
If you want the health benefits of “bone broth”, I recommend only eating organic chicken stock or organic beef stock. You can buy organic beef stock or chicken stock, or make your own. Here's my recipe for super-fast Instant Pot Bone Broth which cooks in just a couple hours.
Pin This Post: Bone Broth Powder Contains Pesticides, Antibiotics, Steroids & Parabens
Got Symptoms? Get Relief Within 30 DaysDo you have health problems and symptoms that just won't go away no matter how strict you are with your diet? This summer, I launched a brand new membership site and online support group called The Real Food Healing Club that gives you the tools to reverse your food allergies and relieve your symptoms by changing your diet. For the launch, I'm offering a $1.00 trial subscription. Yes, only $1.00! Click here to watch a free video and get started today. Watch the Free Video