What would Thanksgiving be without mashed potatoes? If you’re on the GAPS Diet, you’re probably sad to go without mashed potatoes and gravy. Now you don’t have to!
These GAPS Diet Mashed Potatoes (Fauxtatoes) taste almost exactly like real mashed potatoes. You can still enjoy your spuds, especially with plenty of good saturated fat and some homemade gravy (recipe coming soon).
GAPS Mashed Potatoes (Fauxtatoes)
Cauliflower, medium head (1)
Butter, ghee, and/or coconut milk (to taste) — where to buy butter; where to buy ghee; where to buy coconut oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste — where to buy sea salt, where to buy black pepper
1. Boil a large pot of filtered water and add a few shakes of sea salt.
2. Clean the cauliflower and cut into pieces. Add the cauliflower and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
3. Drain the cauliflower. Transfer the cauliflower to a food processor.
4. Add the butter or ghee and/or coconut milk, and puree until smooth. Alternately, you can mash cauliflower with a potato masher.
5. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.