The other day I posted on Facebook about how bone broth prevents and reverses wrinkles and cellulite. I thought, why not do a Bone Broth Challenge on CHEESESLAVE?
So here we go, people! Are you ready to do an end run on wrinkles and cellulite?
For the month of July, we’re going to motivate and inspire each other to consume more bone broth. I’m giving away over $250 in prizes to the winners.
So here’s how it works. Drink bone broth, get points, and win prizes! Details below.
Enter to Win Over $250 in Prizes
The top five people with the most points will win the following prizes:
Grand Prize: Le Creuset Enameled Steel 12-Quart Stockpot – retail value $130
First Prize: Hamilton Beach 33967 Set ‘n Forget 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker – retail value $60
Second Prize: Le Creuset Gravy Boat, Blue – retail value $36
Third Prize: Deep Nutrition: Why Your Genes Need Traditional Food – retail value $20
Fourth Prize: China Cap Chinoise Strainer, Fine Mesh, Stainless Steel – retail value $18
How to Participate
1. Enter your email address below to join my mailing list. You must be on my mailing list to qualify for prizes.
2. Next, leave a comment below telling me why you want to take the Bone Broth Challenge. This will earn you your first 50 points.
NOTE: You will need to register on the site in order to comment (just for this month while we are running the challenge). It only takes a second to register. (You will be able to keep track of your points when you are logged in.)
3. Once you’re logged in and entered, you’ll get 50 points every time you eat bone broth. Just leave a comment on this Challenge page, letting us know what you ate.
For example, leave a comment like this: “I just drank a cup of beef broth!” or “I just had biscuits and gravy!”
Each comment on this page during the month of July gives you 50 points. You can comment as many times as you want per day on the Challenge post, but only if you really are eating broth. (Don’t just leave random comments — they will be deleted.)
The broth you eat can be chicken stock, beef stock, or fish stock made from bones. Vegetable broth does not count! The broth can be in the form of plain broth, soup, or stew. It can also be in the form of gravy or a reduction sauce made from stock, or brown rice or beans or meat cooked in stock. You can also count gelatin in the form of homemade jello or aspic. (I don’t recommend eating storebought JELL-O or most brands of gelatin — most have MSG. Look for Bernard Jensen or Great Lakes brands of gelatin.)
4. You’ll also automatically get points just for visiting my blog each day (100 points per visit). I’ll have lots of recipes using broth, and articles about the health benefits of broth for inspiration and ideas to keep you going.
5. In addition, you’ll get 20 5 points per comment — anywhere on the blog. So every time you comment on another post, you’ll get 5 points per comment. (Comments on this Challenge page get 50 points.)
How to Get Even More Points
1. Blog about this contest and link back to this Challenge page from your blog. Comment below with the link to your blog. (50 points)
2. Sign up for my email updates. Leave a comment below telling me that you signed up. You will also get an entry if you already subscribe — make sure to leave a separate comment! (50 points)
3. Like my page on Facebook. Leave a comment telling me that you “liked” my page on this Challenge page. If you are already a fan, you’ll still get credit. (50 points)
4. Email 5 friends about the contest, with a link to this Challenge page. Leave a comment below telling me that you did. If you want to email more than 5 friends, you can leave a comment for every email you send per group of 5 friends. (50 points)
The contest will run from today, July 1st through July 31st at 11:59 PM PST. The winners will be announced on Monday, August 1st on my blog. Winner will have 48 hours to contact me with his or her full name, address, and phone number. No purchase necessary to win.
Comments on the Challenge page will only be accepted if they are: (1) the first entry comment (2) a comment about eating broth or (3) one of the above 4 extra point comments (blogging about the challenge, email subscription, Facebook, or emailing friends about the challenge). Random comments on the Challenge page will be deleted.
Cheaters or people trying to game the system will be disqualified.
This contest is open to readers anywhere in the world. If you live outside the United States, you will receive an Amazon gift certificate good for the prize amount.
If you have questions, please don’t comment on this post. Just email me at annmarie AT realfoodmedia DOT com or post your question on my Facebook page.
Photo credit: Chicken Consommé by FotoosVanRobin on Flickr
UPDATE ON THE RULES FOR POSTING COMMENTS ON THIS PAGE: If you are drinking broth, that counts as 50 points (one comment). Adding gelatin to it does not count as an extra 50 points.
If you are going to eat gelatin, you should be eating at least 1 TBS or a serving of jello. Not just ONE gummy worm or ONE ounce of broth. It’s not fair to someone who ate a bowl or a cup of soup to have someone else get to comment for one gummy worm or one melted (1 oz) cube of broth.
If you are eating gravy, you need to eat half a TBS to 1 TBS or so — the normal amount of gravy you would eat in a meal.
I will be going through and deleting comments (like those above) that are obviously gaming the system. I don’t want to have to disqualify anyone so I’ll just delete some comments. I don’t know if I will get to all of the comments but I will delete as many as I can get to (I’m in the middle of moving right now and I don’t have a lot of time).
The rule of thumb is it should be a SERVING. Please use common sense.PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
COMMENT POLICY: I want everyone to feel comfortable and safe commenting on this blog. Here are the ground rules: No hate speech (including sexist, racist, etc. remarks); no trolling (repetitive and/or inflammatory comments); no foul or obscene language; no personal attacks. Anonymous commenters may comment, but your comments may be deleted if they are suspect. Comments that violate these terms will be deleted. Commenters who violate these terms will be banned from commenting at my discretion. Be respectful and play nice, everybody!