My 4-year-old's favorite expression lately is, “Oh, coconuts!” (Like “Oh, nuts!”) We eat a lot of coconut in this house. From coconut milk to coconut oil to coconut flour to shredded coconut. There are so many health benefits to eating coconut, I try to get it on the menu as often as possible.
I posted my recipe for how to make coconut milk the other day. When you make coconut milk, it's easy to use the leftover pulp to make homemade coconut flour. You save a lot of money when you make your own coconut milk and coconut flour.
Click here for my list of coconut flour recipes.
How to Make Coconut Flour
Makes: About a cup of ﬂour
1. Add the coconut ﬂakes and the water to a large saucepan or stockpot.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Remove from heat and let cool. Transfer to a large bowl. Set the bowl in a sink full of cool water. Add ice cubes if you want it to cool faster.
4. Pour the mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
5. Strain the mixture through several layers of cheesecloth, a nut milk bag, or a ﬁne mesh sieve. Press out as much liquid as possible.
6. Spread the pulp out onto parchment lined sheets and dehydrate on low, or on cookie sheets in the oven at the lowest setting (170 or 200 F) until thoroughly dry. If using oven, check often so it doesn’t burn.
6. Once the coconut pulp is fully dry, grind into a ﬁne powder using a clean coffee grinder or food processor.
Photo Credit: Coconuts by randomlife, on Flickr
Disclosure:cmp.ly/4 and cmp.ly/5
Mother's Day Sale: Save up to 50% on a FitbitIf you've been wanting to buy a Fitbit, NOW is the time to do it! Fitbit has all their trackers on sale this month for Mother's Day 2017 -- save up to 50%. Reward yourself with the gift that keeps on giving -- this is my favorite way to motivate myself to stay in shape. Order on the Fitbit site and get free shipping over $50. Or you can order on Amazon and get free shipping with Prime. You can also save $20 on the brand new Alta HR -- it's just like the regular Alta which I love, but now you can track your heart rate (which helps you keep the pace up on walks or bike rides). Hurry! The sale ends this Friday, May 12, 2017