Happy Mother’s Day! To celebrate Mother’s Day, I’m giving away 3 copies of Nina Planck’s wonderful new book, Real Food For Mother and Baby.
Nina Planck, one of the great food activists, changed the way we view old-fashioned foods like butter with her groundbreaking Real Food. Then she got pregnant. Never one to accept conventional wisdom blindly, Nina found the usual advice about pregnancy and baby food riddled with myths and misunderstandings. In Real Food for Mother and Baby, Nina explains why many modern ideas about pregnancy and infant nutrition are wrongheaded and why traditional foods are best. While Nina can be controversial—her op-ed in the New York Times on vegan diets for infants was one of the paper’s most e-mailed articles— she’s no contrarian. Readers applaud her candor; they also trust her research and welcome her advice.
Nina’s basic premise hasn’t changed—whole foods are best—but some of the details are surprising. Pregnant women need meat and salt, not iron supplements. Nursing will be easier if you act like the mammal you are. Delaying the introduction of certain solid foods doesn’t prevent allergies. Cereals are not the best foods for tiny eaters; meat and egg yolks are better. From conception to two years, the body’s overwhelming needs are for quality fat and protein, not for carrots and low-fat dairy. Even as she casts a skeptical eye on the conventional wisdom, Nina is reassuring. She shows you how to keep your baby healthy on good, simple food. Real Food for Mother and Baby will be the new classic on eating for two.
To enter to win a copy of Real Food For Mother and Baby, simply leave a comment below saying why you want to win.
Commenting below is your first entry to win. To get more points towards winning, you will earn one additional entries for any of the following actions:
1. Blog about the giveaway and link back to this page on your blog. Comment below with the link. (5 extra entries)
2. Sign up for my email updates or RSS feed. Leave a comment below telling me that you signed up. You will also get an entry if you already subscribe — make sure to leave a comment! (1 extra entry)
Also, you will get a point if you subscribe to the Real Food Media feed or email updates. A total of 4 entries are possible (Cheeseslave RSS feed, Cheeseslave email updates, Real Food Media RSS feed, Real Food Media email updates). Just make sure you comment about each and every one! (1-4 extra entries)
3. Follow me on Twitter and tweet about the giveaway. Be sure to include the URL to this page in your tweet. Leave a comment telling me that you followed & tweeted. (1 extra entry)
4. Friend me on Facebook and post about the giveaway on your Facebook status. Be sure to include the URL to this page in your status update. Leave a comment below telling me that you friended me and updated your status. (1 extra entry)
5. Email 5 friends about the giveaway, with a link to the page. Leave a comment below telling me that you did. (2 extra entries)
6. Stumble this post and leave me a comment telling me that you did. (1 extra entry)
There are a total of 16 possible entries.
Questions? Comment below.
This contest will end Friday, May 15th at 11:59 PM PST. The winner will be chosen via random.org. The winner will be announced on my blog Saturday, May 16th. Winner will have 48 hours to contact me with his or her full name, address, and phone number.
Sorry, but due to shipping costs, only those residing in the United States are welcome to enter this contest.
Good luck, everybody!PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.