Yes, Virginia, there is a Paleo Christmas cookie. This recipe for Christmas cookies is Paleo-friendly, made with almond flour and honey. If you are sensitive to gluten, grains or dairy, you can eat these cookies.
Paleo Christmas Cookie Recipe
Makes: 24 cookies
Almond flour (2 1/2 cups) – where to buy almond flour — or make your own by grinding soaked and dehydrated almonds
Sea salt (1/4 tsp) – where to buy sea salt
Almonds, toasted and chopped — previously soaked and dehydrated (1 cup)
Honey (5 TBS) – where to buy honey
Butter or ghee, unsalted, organic, from grass-fed cows if possible, or coconut oil, melted (1/2 cup) — where to buy grass-fed butter; where to buy ghee; where to buy coconut oil
Vanilla extract, organic (1 TBS) – where to buy organic vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, sea salt, and toasted, chopped almonds.
3. In a smaller bowl, mix together the honey, melted butter and vanilla.
4. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry.
5. Tear off a large piece of parchment paper. Set it on the counter and place the cookie dough in the center. Form the dough into a large log about 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
6. Wrap the log with the parchment paper and place in the freezer for one hour, or until firm.
7. Remove from the freezer and unwrap. Cut into 1/8 inch thick slices.
8. Line a cookie sheet with another sheet of parchment paper or use a Silpat. Place the cookie slices on the cookie sheet. Do not overcrowd.
9. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes in the oven or until lightly golden.
10. Cool before enjoying. Store cookies in an airtight container.
Paleo Christmas Cookies and 350 More Paleo Recipes in My New Cookbook
When I was in my 20s, I suffered from chronic fatigue, chronic sinus infections and seasonal allergies, and chemical sensitivities. I also had a degenerative disease called rheumatoid arthritis.
The doctors told me that there was no cure, and tried to prepare me mentally for difficult surgeries that might stem the progress, as well as for the possibility that one day I would probably need the assistance of a wheelchair for the rest of my life. Imagine hearing that when you are 26 years old.
The good news was that after spending weeks in the library researching, I discovered the root of my problems, a condition called “Leaky Gut Syndrome”. I was allergic to gluten and sugar. It took me about 2 years, but by changing my diet and adding supplements, I was able to I was able to reverse my gluten intolerance as well as my arthritis, chronic fatigue syndrome, etc.
The good news is, there is hope for you, too — 99% of food allergies are completely reversible.
I wrote The Reversing Food Allergies Cookbook because I want to share with you how I reversed my food allergies, and give you over 350 recipes that you can eat on a healing diet that is grain-free, sugar-free and dairy-free.
This holiday season, I’m offering my brand new e-book for 50% off.
Hurry — sale ends Dec 31st.
Find More Paleo Cookie Recipes on Pinterest
Follow this board on Pinterest for even more recipes: http://www.pinterest.com/villagegreennet/paleo-christmas-cookies-recipes/
What’s Your Favorite Paleo Christmas Cookie Recipe?
Tell us all about your favorite Christmas cookie in the comments! Paleo and non-paleo recipes welcome.Join me at the Take Back Your Health Conference April 18-20, 2015 in Los Angeles. Dr. Cate Shanahan, Mark McAfee and many more speakers. I hope to see you there! Click here to save 15-20% with the early bird discount through March 31st. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.