Shrimp Pad Thai
Do you love Shrimp Pad Thai as much as I do? If so, you’ll love being able to make it at home for your family.
Shrimp is extremely good for you — rich in vitamin D. And we’re using coconut oil, which is a healthy fat.
Shrimp Pad Thai
Rice wine vinegar or white vinegar (1/4 cup)
Fermented fish sauce (1/4 cup) — click here for my recipe
Sucanat, coconut sugar or honey (1/4 cup) — where to buy sucanat; where to coconut sugar; where to honey
Brown rice stick noodles or white rice stick noodles (1 1/2 pounds)
Garlic cloves (6)
Fresh or frozen wild raw shrimp (1 pound)
Coconut oil or expeller-pressed coconut oil (1 TBS) — where to buy coconut oil
Eggs, pastured or free-range organic (4)
Soy sauce (naturally fermented) or fermented fish sauce to taste
Chile powder to taste
Optional: Fresh bean sprouts (1 cup)
Optional: Wok — or use a large, wide-bottomed saucepan
1. Combine the vinegar, fish sauce and sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Place the rice stick noodles in a large bowl and cover with hot water. Set aside.
3. Peel and crush the garlic, put in a bowl and set aside.
4. Peel the shrimp, leaving the tails on.
5. Devein the shrimp: pull the black thread on the backside out and discard. You can use a knife to make a shallow slit along the backside of the shrimp if necessary. Set shrimp aside.
6. Drain the rice noodles in a colander.
7. Add coconut oil to wok or large, wide saucepan or skillet. Set on medium-high heat.
8. Beat the eggs in a small bowl.
9. When coconut oil is hot, add the crushed garlic to the pan. Let cook for 5-10 seconds, then add the beaten eggs and stir to scramble.
10. Add the strained rice noodles and stir. Then stir in the sauce.
11. Taste. Add chile powder and/or salt or soy sauce if necessary.
12. Add the shrimp and mix well. Cook until shrimp are pink and cooked through.
13. Serve in bowls with (optional) bean sprouts on top.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.