As I type this, I’m flying cross country from Los Angeles to New York (thank God for Virgin America’s wi-fi and power outlets). I’m on my way to a much needed summer vacation.
We’ll spend my birthday (July 4th) in New York with my in-laws, then leave my daughter with her grandparents and fly to Rio for a grownup week away from it all. Beaches, snorkeling, biking, hiking, lots of steak and seafood, and all the caipirinhas we can drink.
I can’t believe it’s already July! Here’s what I loved about June…
What I Loved in June
- Losing 20 pounds! I can finally fit into my old shorts and tops again. Click here to read how I lost the weight.
- The FitBit Challenge — it’s really motivating me to be more active! I even took a spinning class and joined a new gym so I can swim laps and lift weights.
- Planning my front yard garden — read the second update here
- Camping with the Cows at Organic Pastures over Memorial Day weekend
- Celebrating with Seth on Father’s Day
- Summer barbecues, hanging out with friends, and making delicious desserts like this grass-fed crème brûlée
What I’ve Been Cooking and Eating
Pasta with fresh pesto made with basil from our garden, peaches from our CSA box. I’ve also been craving and enjoying lots of seafood and sushi.
What I’ve Been Reading
[easyazon-link asin=”1451686579″ locale=”us”]Contagious: Why Things Catch On[/easyazon-link] — this book is fascinating! Highly recommended.
What I’ve Been Watching
We are lucky to be living through the second Golden Age of Television… so many great shows to watch right now!
[easyazon-link asin=”B0093I913W” locale=”us”]Call the Midwife: Season One[/easyazon-link] and [easyazon-link asin=”B00BIR2A3E” locale=”us”]Call the Midwife: Season Two[/easyazon-link]
[easyazon-link asin=”B005LAJ212″ locale=”us”]Revenge: The Complete First Season[/easyazon-link]
[easyazon-link asin=”B00BUUAV08″ locale=”us”]Mad Men: Season Six[/easyazon-link]
[easyazon-link asin=”B0060MYKYY” locale=”us”]Breaking Bad: The Fifth Season[/easyazon-link]
[easyazon-link asin=”B000083C6W” locale=”us”]Futurama: Volume One[/easyazon-link] (my daughter’s favorite show)
What About You?
What did you enjoy in June? What are you eating? What are you watching? What books are you reading?