As I type this, I’m flying cross country from Los Angeles to New York (thank God for Virgin America’s wi-fi and power outlets). I’m on my way to a much needed summer vacation.
We’ll spend my birthday (July 4th) in New York with my in-laws, then leave my daughter with her grandparents and fly to Rio for a grownup week away from it all. Beaches, snorkeling, biking, hiking, lots of steak and seafood, and all the caipirinhas we can drink.
I can’t believe it’s already July! Here’s what I loved about June…
What I Loved in June
- Losing 20 pounds! I can finally fit into my old shorts and tops again. Click here to read how I lost the weight.
- The FitBit Challenge — it’s really motivating me to be more active! I even took a spinning class and joined a new gym so I can swim laps and lift weights.
- Planning my front yard garden — read the second update here
- Camping with the Cows at Organic Pastures over Memorial Day weekend
- Celebrating with Seth on Father’s Day
- Summer barbecues, hanging out with friends, and making delicious desserts like this grass-fed crème brûlée
Blog Posts I Loved in June
- This recipe for Sourdough Pretzels from Healy Real Food Vegetarian
- This recipe for Organic Chicken Feed — Organic and Soy-Free — I don’t have chickens but if I did, I’d use this recipe!
- This article by Fooduciary: Mercury in Fish: Avoiding Seafood Isn’t the Answer
- This recipe from And Here We Are: Sparkling Rose Petal Wine — this would be fun to make in the summertime!
- An interesting article from Empowered Sustenance: Does the “No ‘Poo Method” Damage Hair? — The no poo method never worked for me… but I like the idea of using a honey shampoo!
What I’ve Been Cooking and Eating
Pasta with fresh pesto made with basil from our garden, peaches from our CSA box. I’ve also been craving and enjoying lots of seafood and sushi.
What I’ve Been Reading
Contagious: Why Things Catch On — this book is fascinating! Highly recommended.
What I’ve Been Watching
We are lucky to be living through the second Golden Age of Television… so many great shows to watch right now!
What About You?
What did you enjoy in June? What are you eating? What are you watching? What books are you reading?PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.