Butternut squash soup is one of my very favorite soups. When the weather is cold, I crave soup. Butternut squash soup is extremely easy and quick to make. And chicken stock is so nourishing. When you add healthy fats and butter and sour cream, this is one of the most nutritious meals you can serve.
Butternut Squash Soup
Butternut squash, organic (1)
Onion, yellow or white, organic (1)
Butter, grass-fed if possible (2 TBS) —
Chicken stock, homemade or organic (6 cups) — (click here to see my recipe)
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Optional: Nutmeg, whole or ground
Sour cream, grass-fed if possible
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut squash in half lengthwise. Scrape stringy bits and seeds out with a spoon or fork and discard.
3. Set squash halves skin side down in roasting pan. Place in oven and roast until fork-tender, about 20-25 minutes.
4. Chop onion.
5. When squash is done, remove from oven and set aside to cool.
6. Melt butter in stockpot over medium-low heat.
6. Add onion and cook until soft.
7. Add roasted squash (scrape out of skin with a spoon) and chicken stock.
8. Cook on medium-low to medium until squash is tender.
9. Remove stockpot from heat. Transfer squash chunks with slotted spoon into a blender and puree. You can also use an electric stick blender directly in the stockpot.
10. Return blended squash to stockpot.
11. Stir and season with (optional) nutmeg (freshly ground if possible), sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
12. Serve in bowls with dollops of sour cream.
Pin This Post:
Photo Credit: Veronique
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cheeseslave
- My List of Q (QAnon) Resources: https://www.cheeseslave.com/q-resources/
Support Me & My Work
I have been blogging about real food, alternative health, and about the dangers of vaccines and Big Pharma since 2007. As a result, the cabal has punished me severely financially via the IRS, FTC, hacks, etc. I lost my blog network in 2014 which I now believe was an orchestrated attack. Last summer, I lost 80% of my income from my blog due to the Google algorithm change that impacted almost all health bloggers including Dr. Mercola.I'm now working to build my blog and YouTube channel and I appreciate all the support from my fans. Once I can start making more money, I will be able to hire some help and childcare, so I can create more content. Thank you for any help you can offer. Here are some ways you can support me as a content creator and journalist:
- Support me on Patreon (I'm still setting up the bonuses from the tiers but you can start donating now).
- Buy my shampoo or skincare. Want more info? Read my review of MONAT. Or click here to learn how to order MONAT and save the most money. Got questions? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if you need help placing an order.
- Send me a donation via Paypal: email@example.com
- Enroll in my online course: Online Marketing Simplified. Updates to the course are temporarily on hold so I can cover Q -- but I will be back to adding course lessons as soon as the storm is over and we are out of quarantine -- any week now!
- If you can't help financially, it's OK! You can help by sharing my content. Share my blog posts, YouTube videos, and Facebook & Instagram posts, and leave me comments. Sharing helps get my work seen -- and liking and commenting helps boost the content in the search engine algorithms.