1. Slice tomatoes into 1/2-inch slices.
2. Slice mozzarella into 1/2-inch slices.
3. On a large platter, arrange tomato, mozzarella slices and basil leaves, alternating them.
4. Drizzle with the olive oil.
5. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
It is essential to use the very best ingredients. Flavorless grocery store tomatoes and rubbery processed mozzarella are unacceptable. Use fresh basil and tomatoes and the best quality mozzarella you can find.
Ideally, use homegrown tomatoes and basil from your garden. It’s so fun to just head outdoors, gather some fresh produce and make a salad.