I love going going out to the garden or farmer's market and coming back with a basket full of fresh summer vegetables for dinner.
On a hot summer day, there's nothing like a cool bowl of soup. It's like a savory version of ice cream. Especially this soup, since it's mostly chicken stock and creme fraiche (sour cream). What could be more creamy and soothing?
Oh, but there's more. We also added avocado. I love the combination of creamy avocado with crisp cucumber. Throw in some fresh mint and it makes the most refreshing and soothing bowl of soup.
I could have added water instead of chicken stock to dilute this soup. But why would I want to do that? Chicken stock adds a lot of flavor, but even more importantly, it adds nutrition. Chicken stock also helps to heal and seal the gut lining, helps build strong bones and teeth, and the collagen will give you beautiful skin.
This recipe is legal on the GAPS diet.
Chilled Cucumber Avocado Mint Soup
Garlic cloves (1-2)
Fresh mint leaves, organic if possible (1/3 cup)
Creme fraiche or sour cream, grass-fed if possible (1/2 cup) — or coconut kefir, see recipe notes above
Chicken stock, homemade if possible (2 cups)
Freshly ground black pepper — where to buy black pepper
[easyazon-link asin=”B0038KPRG6″ locale=”us”]Food processor[/easyazon-link] or blender
1. Peel and coarsely chop cucumber and avocado. Peel the garlic cloves. Set aside.
2. Add to a blender or food processor: 2/3 of the chopped cucumber and 2/3 of the chopped avocado (set the rest aside), the white part of the scallions, garlic cloves, the mint leaves (not the stems) and the chicken stock. Blend on medium or high until pureed.
3. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Transfer soup to a storage container or bowl, cover and stick in the fridge to chill (if you're in a hurry, you can also just add ice cubes).
5. Put equal parts of cucumber and avocado in soup bowls. Pour the cold soup over the vegetables and serve.
I wrote this post while participating in the Sowing Millions Project by Real Food Media on behalf of Seeds of Change. I received product and exclusive content to facilitate my post. My thoughts and opinions are my own and not of those of Real Food Media or Seeds of Change.
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my mailing list and get notified when I publish a new video or blog post. This is the BEST way to get updates.
- Follow me on Telegram: my Telegram channel This is the second best way to get updates. Telegram is an app you can add to your phone.
- Follow me on Gab: https://gab.com/cheeseslave
- Subscribe to my Bitchute channel. I'm hoping this site will not go down. I'm going to be posting videos on Gab -- but I will back up on Bitchute.
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel.
- Support me on Patreon
I uploaded a new video: The Rainbow Connection.
In the wake of #FauciGate, this week's FOIA release of 3,000 pages of emails from Dr. Fauci, we now find out a new blockbuster piece of information about the Wuhan Institute of Virology. In this...