I love going going out to the garden or farmer's market and coming back with a basket full of fresh summer vegetables for dinner.
On a hot summer day, there's nothing like a cool bowl of soup. It's like a savory version of ice cream. Especially this soup, since it's mostly chicken stock and creme fraiche (sour cream). What could be more creamy and soothing?
Oh, but there's more. We also added avocado. I love the combination of creamy avocado with crisp cucumber. Throw in some fresh mint and it makes the most refreshing and soothing bowl of soup.
I could have added water instead of chicken stock to dilute this soup. But why would I want to do that? Chicken stock adds a lot of flavor, but even more importantly, it adds nutrition. Chicken stock also helps to heal and seal the gut lining, helps build strong bones and teeth, and the collagen will give you beautiful skin.
This recipe is legal on the GAPS diet.
Chilled Cucumber Avocado Mint Soup
Garlic cloves (1-2)
Fresh mint leaves, organic if possible (1/3 cup)
Creme fraiche or sour cream, grass-fed if possible (1/2 cup) — or coconut kefir, see recipe notes above
Chicken stock, homemade if possible (2 cups)
Freshly ground black pepper — where to buy black pepper
Food processor or blender
1. Peel and coarsely chop cucumber and avocado. Peel the garlic cloves. Set aside.
2. Add to a blender or food processor: 2/3 of the chopped cucumber and 2/3 of the chopped avocado (set the rest aside), the white part of the scallions, garlic cloves, the mint leaves (not the stems) and the chicken stock. Blend on medium or high until pureed.
3. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Transfer soup to a storage container or bowl, cover and stick in the fridge to chill (if you're in a hurry, you can also just add ice cubes).
5. Put equal parts of cucumber and avocado in soup bowls. Pour the cold soup over the vegetables and serve.
I wrote this post while participating in the Sowing Millions Project by Real Food Media on behalf of Seeds of Change. I received product and exclusive content to facilitate my post. My thoughts and opinions are my own and not of those of Real Food Media or Seeds of Change.
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cheeseslave
- My List of Q (QAnon) Resources: https://www.cheeseslave.com/q-resources/
Support Me & My Work
I have been blogging about real food, alternative health, and about the dangers of vaccines and Big Pharma since 2007. As a result, the cabal has punished me severely financially via the IRS, FTC, hacks, etc. I lost my blog network in 2014 which I now believe was an orchestrated attack. Last summer, I lost 80% of my income from my blog due to the Google algorithm change that impacted almost all health bloggers including Dr. Mercola.I'm now working to build my blog and YouTube channel and I appreciate all the support from my fans. Once I can start making more money, I will be able to hire some help and childcare, so I can create more content. Thank you for any help you can offer. Here are some ways you can support me as a content creator and journalist:
- Support me on Patreon (I'm still setting up the bonuses from the tiers but you can start donating now).
- Buy my shampoo or skincare. Want more info? Read my review of MONAT. Or click here to learn how to order MONAT and save the most money. Got questions? Send me an email at email@example.com with any questions or if you need help placing an order.
- Send me a donation via Paypal: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enroll in my online course: Online Marketing Simplified. Updates to the course are temporarily on hold so I can cover Q -- but I will be back to adding course lessons as soon as the storm is over and we are out of quarantine -- any week now!
- If you can't help financially, it's OK! You can help by sharing my content. Share my blog posts, YouTube videos, and Facebook & Instagram posts, and leave me comments. Sharing helps get my work seen -- and liking and commenting helps boost the content in the search engine algorithms.