Everyone loved the coconut flour pancakes I made this morning. I only made a small batch but these pancakes are so dense and filling, you don't need much to feel satisfied.
Coconut flour pancakes are extremely nutritious, much more so than pancakes made with regular flour. They are also high in fiber, and lower in carbs.
The other great thing about coconut flour pancakes is that in order to make them, you need to use a lot of eggs, which greatly boosts the nutrition. There's 1/2 of an egg in each and every one of these pancakes. (Not to mention 1/2 tablespoon of butter per pancake.)
This recipe is GAPS and SCD friendly. If you use coconut oil and coconut milk instead of butter and whole milk, it's GFCF (gluten-free, casein free).Print
Coconut Flour Pancakes
- Eggs, preferably pastured (3)
- Melted butter, preferably butter from grass-fed cows, or coconut oil — plus extra butter or coconut oil for cooking the pancakes (3 TBS)
- Coconut milk or whole milk, preferably raw, from grass-fed cows (3 TBS)
- Sucanat, you can also use raw honey or maple syrup (1 1/2 tsp)
- Sea salt (1 tsp)
- Coconut flour (3 TBS)
Optional: Baking powder, aluminum-free (1/2 tsp)
1. Using a wire whisk, mix together eggs, melted butter, milk, sucanat, and sea salt.
2. Continuing to whisk, add the baking powder and coconut flour until thoroughly mixed.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of butter (or coconut oil) in a skillet on a medium flame.
4. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of batter onto skillet making pancakes about 3-4 inches in diameter.
5. Serve with lots of butter and real maple syrup, or if you're on the GAPS diet, honey.
I modified this recipe from the one in Bruce Fife's book, Cooking with Coconut Flour: A Delicious Low-Carb, Gluten-Free Alternative to Wheat.
Pin This Post: Coconut Flour Pancakes
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ann.marie.michaels/
- Follow me on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cheeseslave
- My List of Q (QAnon) Resources: https://www.cheeseslave.com/q-resources/
Support Me & My Work
I have been blogging about real food, alternative health, and about the dangers of vaccines and Big Pharma since 2007. As a result, the cabal has punished me severely financially via the IRS, FTC, hacks, etc. I lost my blog network in 2014 which I now believe was an orchestrated attack. Last summer, I lost 80% of my income from my blog due to the Google algorithm change that impacted almost all health bloggers including Dr. Mercola.I'm now working to build my blog and YouTube channel and I appreciate all the support from my fans. Once I can start making more money, I will be able to hire some help and childcare, so I can create more content. Thank you for any help you can offer. Here are some ways you can support me as a content creator and journalist:
- Support me on Patreon (I'm still setting up the bonuses from the tiers but you can start donating now).
- Buy my shampoo or skincare. Want more info? Read my review of MONAT. Or click here to learn how to order MONAT and save the most money. Got questions? Send me an email at email@example.com with any questions or if you need help placing an order.
- Send me a donation via Paypal: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enroll in my online course: Online Marketing Simplified. Updates to the course are temporarily on hold so I can cover Q -- but I will be back to adding course lessons as soon as the storm is over and we are out of quarantine -- any week now!
- If you can't help financially, it's OK! You can help by sharing my content. Share my blog posts, YouTube videos, and Facebook & Instagram posts, and leave me comments. Sharing helps get my work seen -- and liking and commenting helps boost the content in the search engine algorithms.