I made this coconut milk tapioca pudding a couple months ago for a dinner party. I needed to bring something to a friend's house — they are gluten-free and dairy-free. This dessert was a hit.
Tapioca is a starch extracted from cassava root (Manihot esculenta). Cassava, native to Brazil, Colombia, Venezuela, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Haiti, the Dominican Republic, and Honduras, is the third-largest source of food carbohydrates in the tropics. To make tapioca, cassava is dried to a starchy, powdery extract.
If you're looking for something that is sweet, comforting, very nourishing, and contains no dairy or gluten, give this coconut milk tapioca pudding a try.
Sorry, it's not GAPS-legal.
Coconut Milk Tapioca Pudding
Lemon, organic if possible (1)
Instant tapioca, organic if possible (1/4 cup)
Coconut milk (3 cups) — where to buy coconut milk
Sea salt (1 pinch)
Egg yolk, free range, organic (1)
Coconut sugar or sucanat (1/4 to 1/3 cup) — where to buy coconut sugar; where to buy sucanat
EquipmentZester or grater
1. Zest the lemon. Set aside.
2. Add the tapioca, coconut milk and salt to a medium to large saucepan. Mix together and simmer on medium to low for 12-15 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolk and sugar. Temper small amounts of the tapioca into the egg yolk/sugar mixture until you have added about a cup. (Tempering prevents the egg yolk from overcooking.)
4. Stir the egg yolk/sugar/tapioca mixture into the remaining tapioca in the saucepan.
5. Remove from heat.
6. Add the lemon zest and stir to combine.
7. Transfer the pudding to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
8. Allow to cool at room temperature and then transfer to the refrigerator until thoroughly chilled.
Photo Credit: Pearl Tapioca by KayVee.INC, on Flickr
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cheeseslave
- My List of Q (QAnon) Resources: https://www.cheeseslave.com/q-resources/
Support Me & My Work
I have been blogging about real food, alternative health, and about the dangers of vaccines and Big Pharma since 2007. As a result, the cabal has punished me severely financially via the IRS, FTC, hacks, etc. I lost my blog network in 2014 which I now believe was an orchestrated attack. Last summer, I lost 80% of my income from my blog due to the Google algorithm change that impacted almost all health bloggers including Dr. Mercola.I'm now working to build my blog and YouTube channel and I appreciate all the support from my fans. Once I can start making more money, I will be able to hire some help and childcare, so I can create more content. Thank you for any help you can offer. Here are some ways you can support me as a content creator and journalist:
- Support me on Patreon (I'm still setting up the bonuses from the tiers but you can start donating now).
- Buy my shampoo or skincare. Want more info? Read my review of MONAT. Or click here to learn how to order MONAT and save the most money. Got questions? Send me an email at email@example.com with any questions or if you need help placing an order.
- Send me a donation via Paypal: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enroll in my online course: Online Marketing Simplified. Updates to the course are temporarily on hold so I can cover Q -- but I will be back to adding course lessons as soon as the storm is over and we are out of quarantine -- any week now!
- If you can't help financially, it's OK! You can help by sharing my content. Share my blog posts, YouTube videos, and Facebook & Instagram posts, and leave me comments. Sharing helps get my work seen -- and liking and commenting helps boost the content in the search engine algorithms.