We Americans love our deviled eggs. They are the perfect compliment to summertime foods like hamburgers or hot dogs, baked beans and potato salad. Unfortunately, we've been led to believe that they are bad for you. People call deviled eggs “cholesterol bombs” or a “heart attack on a plate”.
Nothing could be further than the truth. It's actually the complete opposite. Pastured egg yolks are rich in vitamin K2, or what Dr. Weston Price called “Activator X”, which actually helps to prevent heart disease:
Vitamin K2 appears to protect against the inflammation and accumulation of lipids and white blood cells that characterize atherosclerosis. Source
Please note: it is critical that you use pastured eggs. Factory farm eggs do not contain high amounts of vitamin K2. Nor do “free-range” or “cage-free” eggs. Click here to learn the difference between pastured eggs and free-range eggs.
I've added salmon roe (fish eggs) to these deviled eggs to boost the vitamin K2. Fish eggs are also rich in K2, and are a sacred food in many traditional cultures, reserved for parents prior to conception, pregnant and nursing women and children.
Not only is Vitamin K2 important for heart health, it is also the essential nutrient for healthy bones and teeth:
A number of Japanese trials have shown that vitamin K2 completely reverses bone loss and in some cases even increases bone mass in populations with osteoporosis. Source
If you're planning to conceive, are pregnant or nursing, or you are feeding kids, this is a meal that will help those little ones build strong bones, develop wide faces (and reduce or even eliminate the need for braces) and prevent and even reverse cavities. If you are older, these foods will help prevent bone loss which can lead to fractures and osteoporosis.
You can find salmon roe at health food stores, some Japanese markets or buy it online. You'll see it more often in the spring and early summer when salmon is in season. Make sure the roe is wild, never farmed. It's a good idea to stock up on salmon roe when it's in season and freeze it for use throughout the year.
Deviled Eggs with Salmon Roe
Pastured eggs (6)
Homemade mayonnaise (1/4 cup) (click for recipe) — don't use storebought mayo — canola and soybean oils are unhealthy
Pickle relish,preferably lacto-fermented (2-3 tsp) — click here for my recipe
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste — where to buy sea salt; where to buy black pepper
Salmon roe, wild not farmed (2 ounces or 4 TBS)
Optional: Mustard to taste
1. Put 6 eggs in a medium saucepan and fill half way with water. Set on high heat, cover and bring to a boil.
2. When boiling, remove from heat. Let sit, covered, for 12-15 minutes.
3. Take the eggs out of the pot and run cold water over them until they are cool to the touch.
4. Peel the eggs and carefully slice in half. Remove the hard boiled yolks and transfer to a bowl.
5. Mix together with homemade mayonnaise, pickle relish, mustard and sea salt and pepper to taste.
6. Set the egg white halves on plates and spoon the yolk mixture into the egg whites.
7. Spoon salmon roe on top of the deviled eggs and serve.
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cheeseslave
- My List of Q (QAnon) Resources: https://www.cheeseslave.com/q-resources/
Support Me & My Work
I have been blogging about real food, alternative health, and about the dangers of vaccines and Big Pharma since 2007. As a result, the cabal has punished me severely financially via the IRS, FTC, hacks, etc. I lost my blog network in 2014 which I now believe was an orchestrated attack. Last summer, I lost 80% of my income from my blog due to the Google algorithm change that impacted almost all health bloggers including Dr. Mercola.I'm now working to build my blog and YouTube channel and I appreciate all the support from my fans. Once I can start making more money, I will be able to hire some help and childcare, so I can create more content. Thank you for any help you can offer. Here are some ways you can support me as a content creator and journalist:
- Support me on Patreon (I'm still setting up the bonuses from the tiers but you can start donating now).
- Buy my shampoo or skincare. Want more info? Read my review of MONAT. Or click here to learn how to order MONAT and save the most money. Got questions? Send me an email at email@example.com with any questions or if you need help placing an order.
- Send me a donation via Paypal: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enroll in my online course: Online Marketing Simplified. Updates to the course are temporarily on hold so I can cover Q -- but I will be back to adding course lessons as soon as the storm is over and we are out of quarantine -- any week now!
- If you can't help financially, it's OK! You can help by sharing my content. Share my blog posts, YouTube videos, and Facebook & Instagram posts, and leave me comments. Sharing helps get my work seen -- and liking and commenting helps boost the content in the search engine algorithms.