Bacon-wrapped dates make a quick and healthy appetizer recipe. Everyone loves bacon-wrapped dates. They also make a great snack — and they'll keep in the fridge for days. (But I doubt you'll end up with any left.)
This is an extremely easy appetizer recipe. The bacon-wrapped dates only take about 10 minutes to prep — then 15-20 minutes in the oven. You can have these bacon-wrapped dates ready in less than half an hour.
I suggest only buying nitrate-free bacon, ideally from a farm or producer you trust. I usually buy my bacon from Rocky Canyon Farm here in Los Angeles. They don't feed their pigs soy, it's not genetically modified, and they don't use hormones or antibiotics. And all their bacon and sausage is nitrate-free.
Why Nitrate-Free? There's a lot of research out there that suggests that processed meats containing nitrates cause cancer. Read this article, Consumer Warning: Processed Meats Cause Cancer, which says that “Processed meat consumption results in 67% increase in pancreatic cancer risk.” I think that's reason enough to spend a few extra bucks on the nitrate-free variety.
Bacon Wrapped Dates
Nitrate-free bacon (1 package (8 oz))
Dates, organic if possible (1 pound)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut the bacon slices in half.
3. Pit the dates with your fingers or with a paring knife.
4. Wrap each date with a half a slice of bacon. Use toothpicks if necessary.
5. Set on a baking dish, ideally one with high sides, so the bacon grease doesn't spill all over your oven when it melts.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the bacon gets crispy.
7. Remove from oven and transfer the bacon-wrapped dates to a serving platter.
Note: Make sure you save that perfectly good bacon grease — pour it into a cast iron skillet and use it for something else!
This post is a part of Kitchen Tip Tuesdays at Tammy's Recipes, Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays at Blessed With Grace and Blissfully Domestic. Visit Tammy's Recipes, Blessed With Grace, and Blissfully Domestic for more recipes and kitchen tips.
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cheeseslave
- My List of Q (QAnon) Resources: https://www.cheeseslave.com/q-resources/
Support Me & My Work
I have been blogging about real food, alternative health, and about the dangers of vaccines and Big Pharma since 2007. As a result, the cabal has punished me severely financially via the IRS, FTC, hacks, etc. I lost my blog network in 2014 which I now believe was an orchestrated attack. Last summer, I lost 80% of my income from my blog due to the Google algorithm change that impacted almost all health bloggers including Dr. Mercola.I'm now working to build my blog and YouTube channel and I appreciate all the support from my fans. Once I can start making more money, I will be able to hire some help and childcare, so I can create more content. Thank you for any help you can offer. Here are some ways you can support me as a content creator and journalist:
- Support me on Patreon (I'm still setting up the bonuses from the tiers but you can start donating now).
- Buy my shampoo or skincare. Want more info? Read my review of MONAT. Or click here to learn how to order MONAT and save the most money. Got questions? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if you need help placing an order.
- Send me a donation via Paypal: email@example.com
- Enroll in my online course: Online Marketing Simplified. Updates to the course are temporarily on hold so I can cover Q -- but I will be back to adding course lessons as soon as the storm is over and we are out of quarantine -- any week now!
- If you can't help financially, it's OK! You can help by sharing my content. Share my blog posts, YouTube videos, and Facebook & Instagram posts, and leave me comments. Sharing helps get my work seen -- and liking and commenting helps boost the content in the search engine algorithms.