When you say “easy mac and cheese” most people envision a box of Kraft Mac & Cheese. But boxed mac and cheese is not very healthy. The fact is, you can make mac and cheese in minutes on your stovetop with just 6 ingredients, two of those being salt and pepper.
All kids love mac and cheese. The problem is, the boxed versions of mac and cheese are made with powdered cheese mix and noodles made from white flour. Not exactly nutritious! Also, boxed mac and cheese is gross. It tastes horrible! The so-called healthy brands are not much better than Kraft.
I came up with this recipe for real, homemade mac and cheese that your kids are going to love. We're using real food: grass-fed butter, grass-fed cream, and grass-fed cheddar cheese. And organic pasta (with a gluten-free option).
This meal is chock-full of fat-soluble vitamins, and, if your dairy is raw, lots of enzymes. Since we're using dairy from grass-fed cows, this mac & cheese is loaded with vitamin K2 — what your kids need to grow strong bones, wide faces with high cheekbones, and healthy, straight teeth.
This recipe is so easy, even a three-year-old can do it. That's my daughter, Kate, stirring pasta. (Okay, she didn't make the whole thing — she helped me stir.)
Easy Mac and Cheese
Easy Mac and Cheese: Ingredients
Organic pasta, penne or macaroni, or, if you're gluten-free, brown-rice pasta, penne or macaroni (16 ounces)
Butter, grass-fed (4 oz, or 8 TBS)
Cream or sour cream, grass-fed (6-8 oz) — you can also use grass-fed sour cream
Cheddar cheese, grass-fed, grated
Sea salt (to taste)
Black pepper,freshly ground (to taste)
Easy Mac and Cheese: Equipment
Easy Mac and Cheese: Directions
1. Boil the pasta for 7-10 minutes per the directions on the package.
2. When the pasta is al dente, strain in a colander and then put it back in the pan. Set the heat to low.
3. Stir in the butter.
4. When the butter is melted, add the cream and the grated cheese by the handful. Stir and cook until creamy and melted. Add as much cheese as you like. Some people like it cheesier, and others like it less cheesy. You can also more add butter or cream to taste. I didn't measure it exactly when I did it. I just kept adding until it was the consistency I liked. You can't mess this up.
5. Add sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and serve warm.
Pin This Post: Easy Mac and Cheese
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cheeseslave
- My List of Q (QAnon) Resources: https://www.cheeseslave.com/q-resources/
Support Me & My Work
I have been blogging about real food, alternative health, and about the dangers of vaccines and Big Pharma since 2007. As a result, the cabal has punished me severely financially via the IRS, FTC, hacks, etc. I lost my blog network in 2014 which I now believe was an orchestrated attack. Last summer, I lost 80% of my income from my blog due to the Google algorithm change that impacted almost all health bloggers including Dr. Mercola.I'm now working to build my blog and YouTube channel and I appreciate all the support from my fans. Once I can start making more money, I will be able to hire some help and childcare, so I can create more content. Thank you for any help you can offer. Here are some ways you can support me as a content creator and journalist:
- Support me on Patreon (I'm still setting up the bonuses from the tiers but you can start donating now).
- Buy my shampoo or skincare. Want more info? Read my review of MONAT. Or click here to learn how to order MONAT and save the most money. Got questions? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if you need help placing an order.
- Send me a donation via Paypal: email@example.com
- Enroll in my online course: Online Marketing Simplified. Updates to the course are temporarily on hold so I can cover Q -- but I will be back to adding course lessons as soon as the storm is over and we are out of quarantine -- any week now!
- If you can't help financially, it's OK! You can help by sharing my content. Share my blog posts, YouTube videos, and Facebook & Instagram posts, and leave me comments. Sharing helps get my work seen -- and liking and commenting helps boost the content in the search engine algorithms.