I love mashed potatoes, especially when they are extra creamy — loaded with extra butter and cream. And smothered with homemade gravy.
This Thanksgiving, you may want to try my very decadent and much more nutritious version of mashed potatoes. And it's not just for Thanksgiving. This recipe is fast and easy enough to make any old weeknight.
Why Use Extra Butter and Cream?
Although potatoes are a good carbohydrate, they aren't inherently nutritious. Butter and cream to the rescue!
As I always tell my daughter, “Eat your butter, because that's where the vitamins are.” Vitamins A, D, and K2, that is. Of course, we're talking about real grass-fed butter. The cows need to be eating grass to produce K2, and they need to be outside in the sunshine to produce vitamin D.
I recommend using organic potatoes if you can. Did you know that potatoes that are not organic don't even sprout?Print
Extra Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Potatoes, russet or Idaho, organic if possible (6)
- Filtered water
- Sea salt (2 TBS)
- Heavy cream, or sour cream or creme fraiche, organic, ideally from grass-fed cows (2 cups or 16 oz)
- Butter, grass-fed (3/4 pound or 12 oz)
Freshly ground black pepper to taste where to buy black pepper
1. Peel the potatoes and cut up into 2-inch pieces.
2. Put the potatoes in a stock pot or Dutch oven. Cover with filtered water by 2 inches. Add 1 TBS of the sea salt.
3. Cover, bring to a boil and cook for 20-25 minutes.
4. Drain in a colander.
5. While still warm, press the potatoes through a ricer or mash with a potato masher.
6. Fold in the butter, cream, and 1 TBS sea salt with a spoon. If desired, season to taste with black pepper.
This recipe is vegetarian.
I modified this recipe from the one in The Balthazar Cookbook, one of my favorite cookbooks. Every recipe in this cookbook comes out great.
Equipment Needed for This Recipe
Potato Masher or ricer
Pint This Post:
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cheeseslave
- My List of Q (QAnon) Resources: https://www.cheeseslave.com/q-resources/
Support Me & My Work
I have been blogging about real food, alternative health, and about the dangers of vaccines and Big Pharma since 2007. As a result, the cabal has punished me severely financially via the IRS, FTC, hacks, etc. I lost my blog network in 2014 which I now believe was an orchestrated attack. Last summer, I lost 80% of my income from my blog due to the Google algorithm change that impacted almost all health bloggers including Dr. Mercola.I'm now working to build my blog and YouTube channel and I appreciate all the support from my fans. Once I can start making more money, I will be able to hire some help and childcare, so I can create more content. Thank you for any help you can offer. Here are some ways you can support me as a content creator and journalist:
- Support me on Patreon (I'm still setting up the bonuses from the tiers but you can start donating now).
- Buy my shampoo or skincare. Want more info? Read my review of MONAT. Or click here to learn how to order MONAT and save the most money. Got questions? Send me an email at email@example.com with any questions or if you need help placing an order.
- Send me a donation via Paypal: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enroll in my online course: Online Marketing Simplified. Updates to the course are temporarily on hold so I can cover Q -- but I will be back to adding course lessons as soon as the storm is over and we are out of quarantine -- any week now!
- If you can't help financially, it's OK! You can help by sharing my content. Share my blog posts, YouTube videos, and Facebook & Instagram posts, and leave me comments. Sharing helps get my work seen -- and liking and commenting helps boost the content in the search engine algorithms.