I love mashed potatoes, especially when they are extra creamy — loaded with extra butter and cream. And smothered with homemade gravy.
This Thanksgiving, you may want to try my very decadent and much more nutritious version of mashed potatoes. And it's not just for Thanksgiving. This recipe is fast and easy enough to make any old weeknight.
Why Use Extra Butter and Cream?
Although potatoes are a good carbohydrate, they aren't inherently nutritious. Butter and cream to the rescue!
As I always tell my daughter, “Eat your butter, because that's where the vitamins are.” Vitamins A, D, and K2, that is. Of course, we're talking about real grass-fed butter. The cows need to be eating grass to produce K2, and they need to be outside in the sunshine to produce vitamin D.
I recommend using organic potatoes if you can. Did you know that potatoes that are not organic don't even sprout?Print
Extra Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Potatoes, russet or Idaho, organic if possible (6)
- Filtered water
- Sea salt (2 TBS)
- Heavy cream, or sour cream or creme fraiche, organic, ideally from grass-fed cows (2 cups or 16 oz)
- Butter, grass-fed (3/4 pound or 12 oz)
Freshly ground black pepper to taste where to buy black pepper
1. Peel the potatoes and cut up into 2-inch pieces.
2. Put the potatoes in a stock pot or Dutch oven. Cover with filtered water by 2 inches. Add 1 TBS of the sea salt.
3. Cover, bring to a boil and cook for 20-25 minutes.
4. Drain in a colander.
5. While still warm, press the potatoes through a ricer or mash with a potato masher.
6. Fold in the butter, cream, and 1 TBS sea salt with a spoon. If desired, season to taste with black pepper.
This recipe is vegetarian.
I modified this recipe from the one in The Balthazar Cookbook, one of my favorite cookbooks. Every recipe in this cookbook comes out great.
Equipment Needed for This Recipe
Potato Masher or ricer
Pint This Post:
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my mailing list and get notified when I publish a new video or blog post. This is the BEST way to get updates.
- Follow me on Telegram: my Telegram channel This is the second best way to get updates. Telegram is an app you can add to your phone.
- Follow me on Gab: https://gab.com/cheeseslave
- Subscribe to my Bitchute channel. I'm hoping this site will not go down. I'm going to be posting videos on Gab -- but I will back up on Bitchute.
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel.
- Support me on Patreon
I uploaded a new video: The Rainbow Connection.
In the wake of #FauciGate, this week's FOIA release of 3,000 pages of emails from Dr. Fauci, we now find out a new blockbuster piece of information about the Wuhan Institute of Virology. In this...