1. Peel the potatoes and cut up into 2-inch pieces.
2. Put the potatoes in a stock pot or Dutch oven. Cover with filtered water by 2 inches. Add 1 TBS of the sea salt.
3. Cover, bring to a boil and cook for 20-25 minutes.
4. Drain in a colander.
5. While still warm, press the potatoes through a ricer or mash with a potato masher.
6. Fold in the butter, cream, and 1 TBS sea salt with a spoon. If desired, season to taste with black pepper.
This recipe is vegetarian.
I modified this recipe from the one in The Balthazar Cookbook, one of my favorite cookbooks. Every recipe in this cookbook comes out great.