Friday afternoon, nothing ready for dinner. Nothing even planned. So I decided to pick up some fast food on the way home. This is our version of fast food: sushi rice bowls.
Kate kept saying, “I want shee-shee! I want shee-shee!”
The Japanese grocery store is on the way back to the house, so it's easy to swing by. And they sell everything in these neat little packages — absolutely no cooking required. Just five minutes to assemble it.
Here's what I bought:
White sushi rice – You can buy it pre-cooked. Sure it's not ideal, since it's white rice and not brown. But it's better than a Happy Meal.
Natto – Fermented soybeans. The number one source for vitamin K2. Luckily, we think it tastes great! I mix it with raw egg yolk and soy sauce. For more about natto, and the importance of vitamin K2, see my recipe for BBQ Natto and Shrimp. Oh and PS: this brand of natto (Shirakiku) is organic. It has the Japanese organic seal. JUst toss the little flavor packet that comes with it — full of MSG.
Soy sauce – I bought a brand that said “naturally fermented” on the label.
Tuna sashimi – Raw tuna. This is wild, not farmed. Not everything at this grocery store is wild. Most of the fish is farmed. I'm grateful that they label it.
Cooked shrimp – Also wild. Shrimp is also very high in vitamin D.
Salmon roe – This is probably farmed. It doesn't say on the label. But Kate loves it, and so do I, so I got it anyway. I normally keep wild salmon roe (from Vital Choice) in my freezer, but we're out. Salmon roe is also rich in vitamin K2, as well as A & D.
Sake – Rice wine. For Mommy.
Sorry for the crappy quality of the photos. I haven't blogged in so long, my camera battery died!
PS: I haven't been posting much because my web host woes are not over. I will be moving to a new host. Thank you all for your patience!
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ann.marie.michaels/
- Follow me on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cheeseslave
- My List of Q (QAnon) Resources: https://www.cheeseslave.com/q-resources/
Support Me & My Work
I have been blogging about real food, alternative health, and about the dangers of vaccines and Big Pharma since 2007. As a result, the cabal has punished me severely financially via the IRS, FTC, hacks, etc. I lost my blog network in 2014 which I now believe was an orchestrated attack. Last summer, I lost 80% of my income from my blog due to the Google algorithm change that impacted almost all health bloggers including Dr. Mercola.I'm now working to build my blog and YouTube channel and I appreciate all the support from my fans. Once I can start making more money, I will be able to hire some help and childcare, so I can create more content. Thank you for any help you can offer. Here are some ways you can support me as a content creator and journalist:
- Support me on Patreon (I'm still setting up the bonuses from the tiers but you can start donating now).
- Buy my shampoo or skincare. Want more info? Read my review of MONAT. Or click here to learn how to order MONAT and save the most money. Got questions? Send me an email at email@example.com with any questions or if you need help placing an order.
- Send me a donation via Paypal: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enroll in my online course: Online Marketing Simplified. Updates to the course are temporarily on hold so I can cover Q -- but I will be back to adding course lessons as soon as the storm is over and we are out of quarantine -- any week now!
- If you can't help financially, it's OK! You can help by sharing my content. Share my blog posts, YouTube videos, and Facebook & Instagram posts, and leave me comments. Sharing helps get my work seen -- and liking and commenting helps boost the content in the search engine algorithms.