Here is the recipe for the GAPS Almond Bread from Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride's book, Gut and Psychology Syndrome.
This bread is really easy to make. Tonight I'm going to make some more to go with the butternut squash soup I'm making — and serve it with butter and roasted bone marrow. Either that or homemade tomato soup with grilled cheese.
Ideally you should soak it overnight to remove the phytic acid and make it more digestible. You can either soak your nuts and dehydrate then grind them OR if you buy almond meal, just soak it overnight in some kefir, whey or yogurt and warm water.
GAPS Almond Bread
Almond flour (2 1/2 cups)
Eggs (3) – where to buy
Softened butter or coconut oil, goose fat, chicken fat, duck fat, or homemade yogurt or creme fraiche, plus a little extra to grease the pan (1/4 cup ) — where to buy coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Grease a loaf pan or cookie sheet. Mix the almond flour, eggs, and fat in a bowl. Press the mixture into the greased loaf pan — or mold into a loaf shape on a cookie sheet.
3. Bake for about an hour. Test for doneness by inserting a clean butter knife — it will come out clean when it's ready.
4. Let it rest for at least 10 minutes before using a butter knife to remove it from the pan.
You can also make different kinds of loaves by adding various ingredients. You could add a cheese or olives and rosemary or you could add some dates or honey to make it sweet. You can use it for pizza dough as well, and for muffins.
You can also make multiple loaves and freeze them.
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my mailing list and get notified when I publish a new video or blog post. This is the BEST way to get updates.
- Follow me on Telegram: my Telegram channel This is the second best way to get updates. Telegram is an app you can add to your phone.
- Follow me on Gab: https://gab.com/cheeseslave
- Subscribe to my Bitchute channel. I'm hoping this site will not go down. I'm going to be posting videos on Gab -- but I will back up on Bitchute.
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel.
- Support me on Patreon
I uploaded a new video: The Rainbow Connection.
In the wake of #FauciGate, this week's FOIA release of 3,000 pages of emails from Dr. Fauci, we now find out a new blockbuster piece of information about the Wuhan Institute of Virology. In this...