Don't you love stuffing? It's one of my favorite things at Thanksgiving dinner.
If you're on the GAPS Diet, you may think you have to skip the stuffing. But you don't! This stuffing is delicious and it is totally GAPS legal.
GAPS Thanksgiving Stuffing
Coconut flour bread or almond flour bread (1 loaf)
Butter, ghee or coconut oil (6 TBSP)
Onion, white or yellow (1)
Celery (2 stalks)
Parsley, ideally fresh, but you can use dried (3 tablespoons)
Thyme, ideally fresh, but you can use dried (3 tablespoons)
Sage, ideally fresh, but you can use dried (3 tablespoons)
Chicken or beef stock, homemade (2 cups)
Ground pork or beef sausage, from pastured animals (1 pound) — where to buy meat
Optional: Dried or fresh fruit, such as apples, cranberries or raisins, and/or soaked nuts, such as pecans or walnuts (4 cups)
1. Let the coconut or almond bread sit out overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Cut the bread into cubes. Place the bread cubes in a single layer on a sheet pan and bake for 5 minutes.
4. Transfer the bread cubes to a large bowl.
5. Chop the onion, celery, and herbs.
6. In a large saute pan, melt the butter or coconut oil and add the chopped onions, celery, apples, parsley, salt and pepper. Saute over medium heat for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are softened. Add to the bread cubes.
7. In the same saute pan, cook the sausage over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until browned and cooked through, breaking up the sausage with a fork while cooking. Add to the bread cubes and vegetables.
8. Add the chicken stock and cranberries to the mixture, mix well, and pour into a 9 by 12-inch baking dish.
9. Bake for 30 minutes, until browned on top and hot in the middle.
10. Serve warm, smothered in gravy (see my recipe for GAPS Gravy).
Photo Credit:*clairity*, on Flickr”
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cheeseslave
- My List of Q (QAnon) Resources: https://www.cheeseslave.com/q-resources/
Support Me & My Work
I have been blogging about real food, alternative health, and about the dangers of vaccines and Big Pharma since 2007. As a result, the cabal has punished me severely financially via the IRS, FTC, hacks, etc. I lost my blog network in 2014 which I now believe was an orchestrated attack. Last summer, I lost 80% of my income from my blog due to the Google algorithm change that impacted almost all health bloggers including Dr. Mercola.I'm now working to build my blog and YouTube channel and I appreciate all the support from my fans. Once I can start making more money, I will be able to hire some help and childcare, so I can create more content. Thank you for any help you can offer. Here are some ways you can support me as a content creator and journalist:
- Support me on Patreon (I'm still setting up the bonuses from the tiers but you can start donating now).
- Buy my shampoo or skincare. Want more info? Read my review of MONAT. Or click here to learn how to order MONAT and save the most money. Got questions? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if you need help placing an order.
- Send me a donation via Paypal: email@example.com
- Enroll in my online course: Online Marketing Simplified. Updates to the course are temporarily on hold so I can cover Q -- but I will be back to adding course lessons as soon as the storm is over and we are out of quarantine -- any week now!
- If you can't help financially, it's OK! You can help by sharing my content. Share my blog posts, YouTube videos, and Facebook & Instagram posts, and leave me comments. Sharing helps get my work seen -- and liking and commenting helps boost the content in the search engine algorithms.