These holiday spiced nuts are the perfect thing to make for holiday gatherings and parties. You can also just set them on a plate on a kitchen counter as a snack. Or put them in mason jars tied with ribbons and give them out as holiday gifts.
Nuts are a great snack, as they are very high in protein and rich in healthy fats. Nuts are vegetarian, vegan and paleo.
These holiday spiced nuts are even healthier, since they are soaked and dried. This makes them more digestible and more nutritious, since it reduces the enzyme inhibitors and anti-nutrients. However, is you're in a rush, no worries — soaking and drying are optional steps in this recipe.
Holiday Spiced Nuts
Assorted nuts — any blend of peanuts, cashews, walnuts, pine nuts, hazelnuts, Macadamia nuts, pecans or whole almonds (1 pound)
Sea salt (1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons)
Fresh rosemary (A few sprigs)
Cayenne (1/2 teaspoon)
Organic cane sugar, sucanat or coconut sugar (2 teaspoon)
Butter, grass-fed, or coconut oil (1-2 tablespoons)
1. Optional: Soak the nuts overnight (7-10 hours) in mason jars or sprouting jars full of filtered water with 1 tablespoon sea salt.
2. Optional: Dry the nuts in your dehydrator or in an oven on the lowest heat setting (ideally under 150 degrees) for 12-24 hours, until completely dry and crisp.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Melt butter in a small saucepan. Set aside.
5. Chop rosemary, yielding about 2 tablespoons. Set aside.
6. Spread the soaked/dried nuts on a baking sheet. Toast until golden brown (about 10 minutes). Remove from oven.
7. In a large mixing bowl, combine chopped rosemary, cayenne, sugar, 2 teaspoons sea salt, and the melted butter.
8. Toss the nuts with the butter mixture.
9. Serve warm or room temperature. (You can make this ahead and warm in oven before serving.)
Pin This Post: Holiday Spiced Nuts
Photo Credit for Holiday Spiced Nuts: Jax House on Flickr
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cheeseslave
- My List of Q (QAnon) Resources: https://www.cheeseslave.com/q-resources/
Support Me & My Work
I have been blogging about real food, alternative health, and about the dangers of vaccines and Big Pharma since 2007. As a result, the cabal has punished me severely financially via the IRS, FTC, hacks, etc. I lost my blog network in 2014 which I now believe was an orchestrated attack. Last summer, I lost 80% of my income from my blog due to the Google algorithm change that impacted almost all health bloggers including Dr. Mercola.I'm now working to build my blog and YouTube channel and I appreciate all the support from my fans. Once I can start making more money, I will be able to hire some help and childcare, so I can create more content. Thank you for any help you can offer. Here are some ways you can support me as a content creator and journalist:
- Support me on Patreon (I'm still setting up the bonuses from the tiers but you can start donating now).
- Buy my shampoo or skincare. Want more info? Read my review of MONAT. Or click here to learn how to order MONAT and save the most money. Got questions? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if you need help placing an order.
- Send me a donation via Paypal: email@example.com
- Enroll in my online course: Online Marketing Simplified. Updates to the course are temporarily on hold so I can cover Q -- but I will be back to adding course lessons as soon as the storm is over and we are out of quarantine -- any week now!
- If you can't help financially, it's OK! You can help by sharing my content. Share my blog posts, YouTube videos, and Facebook & Instagram posts, and leave me comments. Sharing helps get my work seen -- and liking and commenting helps boost the content in the search engine algorithms.