I made this buttermilk ranch dressing for my family on their Ohio farm. My Uncle Mike loved it so much he did a buttermilk ranch dressing dance.
Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
If you're trying to get your kids to eat more fresh raw vegetables, try making this buttermilk ranch dressing. You can also use this dressing as a dipping sauce for veggies.
This dressing is a great way to get nourishing, healthy fats into your family. If you're still afraid of eating fat, remember this: fats are where the vitamins are!
My 9-year-old niece, Marissa (pictured below, holding 2-year-old Kate in the wagon) said she's never eaten a salad in her life before. I'm not sure if that's true or not, but she did eat two helpings of salad and LOVED it!
Why Make Your Own Buttermilk Ranch Dressing?
Check out what's in regular store bought ranch dressing:
Ingredients: Vegetable Oil (Canola and/or Soybean Oil) Water, Egg Yolk, Sugar, less than 2% of Buttermilk, Salt, Lactic Acid, Vinegar, Modified Food Starch, Disodium Inosinate and Disodium Guanylate, Dried Garlic, Dried Onion, Phosphoric Acid, Monosodium Glutamate, Xanthan Gum, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Spices, Disodium Phosphate, Sorbic Acid and Calcium Disodium Edta As Preservatives.
Yuck! A far cry from healthy, homemade ranch dressing, made from real cream. You think there's any vitamins in soybean oil? Uh, no. Not like real cream and olive oil — full of vitamins.
When making this recipe, don't be tempted to use store-bought mayonnaise. Use homemade mayonnaise made from real olive oil. Soybean oil is not good for you, nor is canola oil. Make your own mayo (use my homemade mayonnaise recipe) ahead of time, and you can make this dressing in minutes.Print
Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
Serve on salad or as a dipping sauce for raw veggies, or for french fries, fried mozzarella, fried stuffed zucchini blossoms, or for chicken nuggets. (Be sure to use a healthy frying oil like beef tallow, coconut oil or lard if you're frying.) Get ready to hear your family and friends sing your praises!
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Season to taste with freshly chopped herbs and salt and pepper and serve.
If you like a creamier dressing, use more sour cream. If you like it runnier, use more buttermilk. If you want more tang, use more mayo and lemon. Just don't skimp on the sour cream. That's what makes it yummy!
Pin This Post: Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cheeseslave
- My List of Q (QAnon) Resources: https://www.cheeseslave.com/q-resources/
Support Me & My Work
I have been blogging about real food, alternative health, and about the dangers of vaccines and Big Pharma since 2007. As a result, the cabal has punished me severely financially via the IRS, FTC, hacks, etc. I lost my blog network in 2014 which I now believe was an orchestrated attack. Last summer, I lost 80% of my income from my blog due to the Google algorithm change that impacted almost all health bloggers including Dr. Mercola.I'm now working to build my blog and YouTube channel and I appreciate all the support from my fans. Once I can start making more money, I will be able to hire some help and childcare, so I can create more content. Thank you for any help you can offer. Here are some ways you can support me as a content creator and journalist:
- Support me on Patreon (I'm still setting up the bonuses from the tiers but you can start donating now).
- Buy my shampoo or skincare. Want more info? Read my review of MONAT. Or click here to learn how to order MONAT and save the most money. Got questions? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if you need help placing an order.
- Send me a donation via Paypal: email@example.com
- Enroll in my online course: Online Marketing Simplified. Updates to the course are temporarily on hold so I can cover Q -- but I will be back to adding course lessons as soon as the storm is over and we are out of quarantine -- any week now!
- If you can't help financially, it's OK! You can help by sharing my content. Share my blog posts, YouTube videos, and Facebook & Instagram posts, and leave me comments. Sharing helps get my work seen -- and liking and commenting helps boost the content in the search engine algorithms.