1. Add the coconut oil or lard to a Dutch oven. The oil should be about 1-inch deep.
2. Over medium-high heat, bring the temperature of the oil to 350-360 degrees (up to 375 if using lard).
3. Quarter the corn tortillas with a chef’s knife.
4. When the oil is hot enough, add the corn tortillas to the hot oil and fry for a couple minutes on each side (it varies depending on the temperature), or until lightly brown and firm (not bendable).
5. Set each fried tortilla on a paper towel lined plate or cookie sheet.
6. Sprinkle liberally with sea salt, let cool slightly, and serve with guacamole or salsa.