Looking for a healthy Christmas fudge? Traditional Christmas fudge is made with homemade marshmallow fluff (just honey and egg whites), cream, butter, chocolate and sugar.
How I Transformed Christmas Fudge Into Healthy Christmas Fudge
My mom's Christmas fudge was my very favorite Christmas treat from my childhood. When I asked my mom for the recipe, she said, “It's on the back of the jar!” She was referring to the jar of marshmallow fluff. As much as I was craving my mom's Christmas fudge, I didn't want to make it with the store-bought fluff.
Then I figured out how to make homemade marshmallow fluff.
The only other thing I had to replace was evaporated milk. Why buy a can of industrially processed milk, I thought. It seems like we should be able to use real milk or cream. I searched around online and found out that yes, you can substitute milk or cream for evaporated milk.
I'm so excited to share this recipe with you. It came out absolutely perfect. Everyone loved it, including my mom and my stepdad (who are both exacting cooks with excellent taste).
Merry Christmas and I hope you enjoy!
Healthy Christmas Fudge Recipe
Makes 2 1/2 pounds (sounds like a lot but trust me, it goes fast!)
Healthy Christmas Fudge: Ingredients
[easyazon_link identifier=”B01AYUZN66″ locale=”US” tag=”cheeseslave0e-20″]Butter, grass-fed and organic[/easyazon_link] (1/4 cup or 2 oz), plus a little extra to grease the pan
[easyazon_link identifier=”B006CVNF2G” locale=”US” tag=”cheeseslave0e-20″]Organic cane sugar[/easyazon_link], [easyazon_link identifier=”B007TGH4CK” locale=”US” tag=”cheeseslave0e-20″]palm sugar[/easyazon_link] or [easyazon_link identifier=”B0010XRDK6″ locale=”US” tag=”cheeseslave0e-20″]sucanat[/easyazon_link] (2 1/2 cups)
[easyazon_link identifier=”B000EITYUU” locale=”US” tag=”cheeseslave0e-20″]Sea salt[/easyazon_link] (3/4 tsp)
Cream, grass-fed and organic (1/2 cup)
Homemade marshmallow fluff (8 ounces) — click here for recipe
Optional: [easyazon_link identifier=”B0002UN7PI” locale=”US” tag=”cheeseslave0e-20″]Vanilla extract, organic[/easyazon_link] (3/4 tsp) — click here for recipe (NOTE: Leave this out or make homemade vanilla extract with vodka to make this recipe gluten-free)
[easyazon_link identifier=”B000QSOCPA” locale=”US” tag=”cheeseslave0e-20″]Chocolate pieces, semi-sweet, organic[/easyazon_link](1 12-oz. package)
Optional: [easyazon_link identifier=”B004L21MV4″ locale=”US” tag=”cheeseslave0e-20″]Walnuts, organic if possible[/easyazon_link] (1/2 cup)
Healthy Christmas Fudge: Equipment
[easyazon-link asin=”B00009WE45″ locale=”us”]Candy thermometer[/easyazon-link]
Healthy Christmas Fudge: Directions
1. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan; set aside.
2. Attach a candy thermometer to a large saucepan, and add the first 5 ingredients.
3. Stir over low heat until blended.
4. Increase heat to medium and bring to a rolling boil.
5. Boil slowly, stirring constantly for 4-5 minutes, until the candy thermometer registers 232-240 degrees F or Soft Ball stage.
6. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and chocolate until chocolate is melted.
7. Optional: Blend in nuts.
8. Turn into greased pan and let cool completely before slicing.
Healthy Christmas Fudge: Recipe Notes
It is critical to have a candy thermometer for this recipe. Fudge will only come out right if you bring it to the right temperature (232-240 degrees Fahrenheit). This is called the Soft Ball stage.
Hard Ball is the next stage, in which you can pick it up and it forms a firm ball between your fingers. If your temperature is at the Hard Ball stage, which is 242-248, you will end up with more of a caramel.
To make this recipe gluten-free, omit the vanilla extract OR use homemade vanilla extract made with vodka.
Pin This Post: Healthy Christmas Fudge
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my mailing list and get notified when I publish a new video or blog post. This is the BEST way to get updates.
- Follow me on Telegram: my Telegram channel This is the second best way to get updates. Telegram is an app you can add to your phone.
- Follow me on Gab: https://gab.com/cheeseslave
- Subscribe to my Bitchute channel. I'm hoping this site will not go down. I'm going to be posting videos on Gab -- but I will back up on Bitchute.
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel.
- Support me on Patreon
I made a new video: What It's Like Trying to Wake Up Normies. If you know, you know.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, this picture is worth a hundred million, maybe a billion. Take a gander.... That graph is from Open VAERS, and it shows the deaths from vaccines over...