We Americans love our peanut butter. It's a staple. Everyone remembers that delicious peanut butter and jelly sandwich from childhood, or those addictive peanut butter cookies.
However, most commercial peanut butters are loaded with garbage ingredients we want to avoid. For example: high-fructose corn syrup and modern vegetable oils such as soybean oil and cottonseed oil.
Even if you're buying “natural peanut butter,” that's not good enough. Why? Because peanuts are very high in phytic acid.
Phytic acid blocks mineral absorption, so we really need to soak peanuts before they are roasted. Read more about how phytic acid causes tooth decay and osteoporosis.
When you soak and then roast peanuts, they are pretty nutritious. Peanuts are a relatively good source for the B-vitamin, niacin (86% of DV for 3.5 oz serving). They are also a good source of magnesium (50%), phosphorus (48%), zinc (33%), and folate (62%).
This is why I never buy peanut butter at the store, even the “healthy” and organic brands. I only make it homemade.
Homemade Peanut ButterPrint
- Peanuts, raw — Spanish peanuts are best (2 lbs)
- Sea salt
- Red palm oil or expeller-pressed coconut oil
- Filtered water
1. Remove shells from peanuts (if they have shells).
2. Place peanuts. In a large glass bowl, or in a couple of mason jars, with 1 tablespoon of sea salt and cover with filtered water. Leave in a warm place for at least 12-14 hours.
3. Transfer to a colander; drain and rinse.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
5. Pat dry and place the peanuts in a large bowl and toss with a few tablespoons of palm oil and sea salt until well coated.
6. Spread the peanuts out on cookie sheets, in a single layer. Roast in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, stirring the peanuts halfway during cooking.
7. Remove the peanuts from the oven and let cool.
8. Remove the skins (if they have skins) by rubbing the peanuts together in your hands over a bowl, allowing the peanuts and skins to fall into the bowl. Discard the skins.
9. Place the peanuts into the bowl of the food processor. Process for 1 minute. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Continue to process the peanuts while slowly drizzling in the palm oil, 1 tablespoon at a time.
10. Process until smooth, using as much palm oil as you need. Blend in sea salt to taste.
11. Place the peanut butter in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator or cupboard (I prefer to put it in the cupboard so it does not harden too much) for up to 2 months.
This recipe is legal on the GAPS diet, SCD diet, and in moderation, on the 4 Hour Body Diet. Try it on coconut flour bread. If you want to, you substitute other types of nuts to make nut butter, including almonds or cashews.
Baking pan (cookie sheet)
Pin This Post: Homemade Peanut Butter
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ann.marie.michaels/
- Follow me on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cheeseslave
- My List of Q (QAnon) Resources: https://www.cheeseslave.com/q-resources/
Support Me & My Work
I have been blogging about real food, alternative health, and about the dangers of vaccines and Big Pharma since 2007. As a result, the cabal has punished me severely financially via the IRS, FTC, hacks, etc. I lost my blog network in 2014 which I now believe was an orchestrated attack. Last summer, I lost 80% of my income from my blog due to the Google algorithm change that impacted almost all health bloggers including Dr. Mercola.I'm now working to build my blog and YouTube channel and I appreciate all the support from my fans. Once I can start making more money, I will be able to hire some help and childcare, so I can create more content. Thank you for any help you can offer. Here are some ways you can support me as a content creator and journalist:
- Support me on Patreon (I'm still setting up the bonuses from the tiers but you can start donating now).
- Buy my shampoo or skincare. Want more info? Read my review of MONAT. Or click here to learn how to order MONAT and save the most money. Got questions? Send me an email at email@example.com with any questions or if you need help placing an order.
- Send me a donation via Paypal: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enroll in my online course: Online Marketing Simplified. Updates to the course are temporarily on hold so I can cover Q -- but I will be back to adding course lessons as soon as the storm is over and we are out of quarantine -- any week now!
- If you can't help financially, it's OK! You can help by sharing my content. Share my blog posts, YouTube videos, and Facebook & Instagram posts, and leave me comments. Sharing helps get my work seen -- and liking and commenting helps boost the content in the search engine algorithms.