My 4-year-old's favorite expression lately is, “Oh, coconuts!” (Like “Oh, nuts!”) We eat a lot of coconut in this house. From coconut milk to coconut oil to coconut flour to shredded coconut. There are so many health benefits to eating coconut, I try to get it on the menu as often as possible.
I posted my recipe for how to make coconut milk the other day. When you make coconut milk, it's easy to use the leftover pulp to make homemade coconut flour. You save a lot of money when you make your own coconut milk and coconut flour.
How to Make Coconut FlourPrint
How to Make Coconut Flour
- Coconut ﬂakes, dried, unsweetened (16 ounces weighed or 10 cups measured)
- Filtered Water (10 cups)
1. Add the coconut ﬂakes and the water to a large saucepan or stockpot.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Remove from heat and let cool. Transfer to a large bowl. Set the bowl in a sink full of cool water. Add ice cubes if you want it to cool faster.
4. Pour the mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
5. Strain the mixture through several layers of cheesecloth, a nut milk bag, or a ﬁne mesh sieve. Press out as much liquid as possible.
6. Spread the pulp out onto parchment lined sheets and dehydrate on low, or on cookie sheets in the oven at the lowest setting (170 or 200 F) until thoroughly dry. If using oven, check often so it doesn’t burn.
6. Once the coconut pulp is fully dry, grind into a ﬁne powder using a clean coffee grinder or food processor.
Equipment Needed for This Recipe
Optional: Cheese Cloth, nut milk bag, or ﬁne-mesh strainer
Pint This Post: How to Make Coconut Flour
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ann.marie.michaels/
- Follow me on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cheeseslave
- My List of Q (QAnon) Resources: https://www.cheeseslave.com/q-resources/
Support Me & My Work
I have been blogging about real food, alternative health, and about the dangers of vaccines and Big Pharma since 2007. As a result, the cabal has punished me severely financially via the IRS, FTC, hacks, etc. I lost my blog network in 2014 which I now believe was an orchestrated attack. Last summer, I lost 80% of my income from my blog due to the Google algorithm change that impacted almost all health bloggers including Dr. Mercola.I'm now working to build my blog and YouTube channel and I appreciate all the support from my fans. Once I can start making more money, I will be able to hire some help and childcare, so I can create more content. Thank you for any help you can offer. Here are some ways you can support me as a content creator and journalist:
- Support me on Patreon (I'm still setting up the bonuses from the tiers but you can start donating now).
- Buy my shampoo or skincare. Want more info? Read my review of MONAT. Or click here to learn how to order MONAT and save the most money. Got questions? Send me an email at email@example.com with any questions or if you need help placing an order.
- Send me a donation via Paypal: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enroll in my online course: Online Marketing Simplified. Updates to the course are temporarily on hold so I can cover Q -- but I will be back to adding course lessons as soon as the storm is over and we are out of quarantine -- any week now!
- If you can't help financially, it's OK! You can help by sharing my content. Share my blog posts, YouTube videos, and Facebook & Instagram posts, and leave me comments. Sharing helps get my work seen -- and liking and commenting helps boost the content in the search engine algorithms.