Did you know you can make coconut milk from unsweetened coconut flakes? If you want to avoid the BPA in cans, you can make your own coconut milk at home.
Bisphenol A (BPA) is an industrial chemical that is in many hard plastic bottles and metal-based food and beverage cans since the 1960s.
Both the National Toxicology Program at the National Institutes of Health and FDA have some concern about the potential effects of BPA on the brain, behavior, and prostate gland in fetuses, infants, and young children. (Source)
Canned coconut milk also usually has additives including thickeners (such as cornstarch), stabilizers and emulsifiers. Carrageenan, guar gum and carboxy methyl cellulose are common additives.
If you are on the GAPS Diet, you need to avoid all additives in coconut milk. It is best to make your own at home. You'll be surprised at how easy it is!Print
How to Make Coconut Milk
- Coconut ﬂakes, dried, unsweetened (16 oz or 10 cups)
- Filtered Water (10 cups)
1. Add the coconut ﬂakes and the water to a large saucepan or stockpot.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Remove from heat and let cool. Transfer to a large bowl and set it in a sinkful of cool water with ice cubes if you want it to cool faster.
4. Pour the mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
5. Strain the mixture through several layers of cheesecloth, a nut milk bag, or a ﬁne mesh sieve. Press out as much liquid as possible.
6. The resulting liquid is coconut milk and can be used for drinking or used in recipes. Store in the refrigerator or freeze. (I freeze mine in ice cube trays. Each ice cube tray is 1 ounce — this makes for easy measuring.)
You can save the pulp from making the coconut milk and make your own coconut flour. This is a great way to save money.
Equipment Needed for This Recipe
Cheese Cloth , nut milk bag, or ﬁne-mesh strainer
Pin This Post: How to Make Coconut Milk
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my mailing list and get notified when I publish a new video or blog post. This is the BEST way to get updates.
- Follow me on Telegram: my Telegram channel This is the second best way to get updates. Telegram is an app you can add to your phone.
- Follow me on Gab: https://gab.com/cheeseslave
- Subscribe to my Bitchute channel. I'm hoping this site will not go down. I'm going to be posting videos on Gab -- but I will back up on Bitchute.
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel.
- Support me on Patreon
Hi everyone, I wanted to start by telling you how much I appreciate you for supporting me on Patreon. As I always say, I don't do anything until God tells me to take action. A week ago, at the Clay...
I made a new video: What It's Like Trying to Wake Up Normies. If you know, you know.