A friend of mine emailed last week and said she had some extra lobster bodies for stock — she didn't have room in her freezer. I was thrilled to get them. Lobster stock is delicious, especially in seafood risotto or pasta dishes. You can also use it in seafood stews or soups, like cioppino.
This stock is also rich in iodine, since the thyroid is in the head and you leave the heads on when you simmer the stock.
You can roast the lobster bodies first if you wish. I did because I've heard it makes the stock more flavorful. It wasn't that much extra work.
Bodies of 4 lobsters
White wine (1/2 cup
Fennel bulb (1) — I used fennel because it's what I had; you can also use celery — just use 1-2 stalks
Yellow or white onion (1)
Bay leaves (2) — where to buy bay leaves
Thyme (1 bunch)
Parsley (1 bunch)
Enough filtered water to cover the lobster by an inch
[easyazon-link asin=”B0000VLVBQ” locale=”us”]Cheese cloth[/easyazon-link]
1. Chop carrots into big pieces. Quarter the onions and the cored fennel bulb.
2. Add all the ingredients to a stock pot.
3. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 1 1/2 – 2 hours.
4. Strain through a cheesecloth-lined sieve.
4. Cool and refrigerate, then transfer to ice cube trays and freeze.
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my mailing list and get notified when I publish a new video or blog post. This is the BEST way to get updates.
- Follow me on Telegram: my Telegram channel This is the second best way to get updates. Telegram is an app you can add to your phone.
- Follow me on Gab: https://gab.com/cheeseslave
- Subscribe to my Bitchute channel. I'm hoping this site will not go down. I'm going to be posting videos on Gab -- but I will back up on Bitchute.
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel.
- Support me on Patreon
I made a new video: What It's Like Trying to Wake Up Normies. If you know, you know.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, this picture is worth a hundred million, maybe a billion. Take a gander.... That graph is from Open VAERS, and it shows the deaths from vaccines over...