A friend of mine emailed last week and said she had some extra lobster bodies for stock — she didn't have room in her freezer. I was thrilled to get them. Lobster stock is delicious, especially in seafood risotto or pasta dishes. You can also use it in seafood stews or soups, like cioppino.
This stock is also rich in iodine, since the thyroid is in the head and you leave the heads on when you simmer the stock.
You can roast the lobster bodies first if you wish. I did because I've heard it makes the stock more flavorful. It wasn't that much extra work.
Bodies of 4 lobsters
White wine (1/2 cup
Fennel bulb (1) — I used fennel because it's what I had; you can also use celery — just use 1-2 stalks
Yellow or white onion (1)
Bay leaves (2) — where to buy bay leaves
Thyme (1 bunch)
Parsley (1 bunch)
Enough filtered water to cover the lobster by an inch
1. Chop carrots into big pieces. Quarter the onions and the cored fennel bulb.
2. Add all the ingredients to a stock pot.
3. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 1 1/2 – 2 hours.
4. Strain through a cheesecloth-lined sieve.
4. Cool and refrigerate, then transfer to ice cube trays and freeze.
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cheeseslave
- My List of Q (QAnon) Resources: https://www.cheeseslave.com/q-resources/
Support Me & My Work
I have been blogging about real food, alternative health, and about the dangers of vaccines and Big Pharma since 2007. As a result, the cabal has punished me severely financially via the IRS, FTC, hacks, etc. I lost my blog network in 2014 which I now believe was an orchestrated attack. Last summer, I lost 80% of my income from my blog due to the Google algorithm change that impacted almost all health bloggers including Dr. Mercola.I'm now working to build my blog and YouTube channel and I appreciate all the support from my fans. Once I can start making more money, I will be able to hire some help and childcare, so I can create more content. Thank you for any help you can offer. Here are some ways you can support me as a content creator and journalist:
- Support me on Patreon (I'm still setting up the bonuses from the tiers but you can start donating now).
- Buy my shampoo or skincare. Want more info? Read my review of MONAT. Or click here to learn how to order MONAT and save the most money. Got questions? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if you need help placing an order.
- Send me a donation via Paypal: email@example.com
- Enroll in my online course: Online Marketing Simplified. Updates to the course are temporarily on hold so I can cover Q -- but I will be back to adding course lessons as soon as the storm is over and we are out of quarantine -- any week now!
- If you can't help financially, it's OK! You can help by sharing my content. Share my blog posts, YouTube videos, and Facebook & Instagram posts, and leave me comments. Sharing helps get my work seen -- and liking and commenting helps boost the content in the search engine algorithms.