Want to make marshmallow fluff without corn syrup? I don't like to buy products made with corn syrup because it's made from GMO corn.
When I was little, my mom always made the best Christmas fudge. I wanted to make it for my kids, but I didn't want to use the store-bought marshmallow fudge because it's made with GMO corn syrup. This recipe is so easy — you'll never go back the store-bought fluff!
I did a little research online and found out that Marshmallow Fluff is made from powdered egg whites, corn syrup, and fake vanilla (vanillin). These are just cheap versions of real foods.
I knew I could replace powdered egg whites with real egg whites and vanillin with real organic vanilla extract. I just didn't know if it was possible to sub out a natural sweetener like honey for the corn syrup.
I asked on my Facebook page and folks said that yes, they had successfully made marshmallow fluff using honey.
I gave it a go and it was surprisingly easy. What results is exactly like the Marshmallow Fluff you find in the store. But with real food instead of the GMO corn syrup, powdered egg whites and fake vanilla.
How to Make Marshmallow Fluff Without Corn Syrup
Makes about 8 ounces
Egg white, from a pastured chicken (1)
[easyazon_link identifier=”B00CMQD3VS” locale=”US” tag=”cheeseslave0e-20″]Honey[/easyazon_link] (5 ounces)
[easyazon_link identifier=”B000EITYUU” locale=”US” tag=”cheeseslave0e-20″]Sea salt[/easyazon_link] (pinch)
[easyazon_link identifier=”B0002UN7PI” locale=”US” tag=”cheeseslave0e-20″]Vanilla extract, organic[/easyazon_link] or homemade (1 tsp) — how to make homemade vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl, combine egg whites, honey and sea salt.
2. Mix with mixer or with KitchenAid (whisk attachment) on high speed until it is thick and has the consistency of Marshmallow Fluff (about 7-10 minutes)
3. Add vanilla extract and mix until blended.
4. Use immediately — or can be stored in the fridge, or frozen.
Pin This Recipe: How To Make Marshmallow Fluff Without Corn Syrup
Photo credit: Joyosity on Flickr
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my mailing list and get notified when I publish a new video or blog post. This is the BEST way to get updates.
- Follow me on Telegram: my Telegram channel This is the second best way to get updates. Telegram is an app you can add to your phone.
- Follow me on Gab: https://gab.com/cheeseslave
- Subscribe to my Bitchute channel. I'm hoping this site will not go down. I'm going to be posting videos on Gab -- but I will back up on Bitchute.
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel.
- Support me on Patreon