Have you seen the price of vanilla extract lately? Especially organic vanilla extract. A whopping $20 for 8 ounces at my local health food store. Considering all the baking I've been doing lately, I knew I had to find a way make my own vanilla extract.
Turns out making vanilla extract is incredibly easy. And you're going to save a lot of money. You can find vanilla beans for less than $1 each if you buy in bulk. Add a little cheap booze, let it sit for a couple of months, and you're in business. Start now, and you'll be sitting pretty come holiday baking time.Print
How To Make Vanilla Extract
- Yield: 8 ounces
- Vodka, rum or Bourbon (1 cup (8 oz)
- Vanilla beans (3)
1. Slit the vanilla beans lengthwise. Cut them in half or in quarters (I did this so they'd fit in the jar). Add them to the mason jar.
2. Add the vodka or rum to the jar, cover with a lid and shake.
3. Stick the jar in a cupboard for at least 8 weeks.
If you are on the GAPS diet, you will want to use vodka. Many vodkas today do contain gluten so if you are gluten-intolerant, please look for a high-end vodka, and check first before using.
Equipment Needed for This Recipe
Pint mason jar
Pin This Post: How To Make Vanilla Extract
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my mailing list and get notified when I publish a new video or blog post. This is the BEST way to get updates.
- Follow me on Telegram: my Telegram channel This is the second best way to get updates. Telegram is an app you can add to your phone.
- Follow me on Gab: https://gab.com/cheeseslave
- Subscribe to my Bitchute channel. I'm hoping this site will not go down. I'm going to be posting videos on Gab -- but I will back up on Bitchute.
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel.
- Support me on Patreon
I uploaded a new video: The Rainbow Connection.
In the wake of #FauciGate, this week's FOIA release of 3,000 pages of emails from Dr. Fauci, we now find out a new blockbuster piece of information about the Wuhan Institute of Virology. In this...