Have you seen the price of vanilla extract lately? Especially organic vanilla extract. A whopping $20 for 8 ounces at my local health food store. Considering all the baking I've been doing lately, I knew I had to find a way make my own vanilla extract.
Turns out making vanilla extract is incredibly easy. And you're going to save a lot of money. You can find vanilla beans for less than $1 each if you buy in bulk. Add a little cheap booze, let it sit for a couple of months, and you're in business. Start now, and you'll be sitting pretty come holiday baking time.Print
How To Make Vanilla Extract
- Yield: 8 ounces
- Vodka, rum or Bourbon (1 cup (8 oz)
- Vanilla beans (3)
1. Slit the vanilla beans lengthwise. Cut them in half or in quarters (I did this so they'd fit in the jar). Add them to the mason jar.
2. Add the vodka or rum to the jar, cover with a lid and shake.
3. Stick the jar in a cupboard for at least 8 weeks.
If you are on the GAPS diet, you will want to use vodka. Many vodkas today do contain gluten so if you are gluten-intolerant, please look for a high-end vodka, and check first before using.
Equipment Needed for This Recipe
Pint mason jar
Pin This Post: How To Make Vanilla Extract
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cheeseslave
- My List of Q (QAnon) Resources: https://www.cheeseslave.com/q-resources/
Support Me & My Work
I have been blogging about real food, alternative health, and about the dangers of vaccines and Big Pharma since 2007. As a result, the cabal has punished me severely financially via the IRS, FTC, hacks, etc. I lost my blog network in 2014 which I now believe was an orchestrated attack. Last summer, I lost 80% of my income from my blog due to the Google algorithm change that impacted almost all health bloggers including Dr. Mercola.I'm now working to build my blog and YouTube channel and I appreciate all the support from my fans. Once I can start making more money, I will be able to hire some help and childcare, so I can create more content. Thank you for any help you can offer. Here are some ways you can support me as a content creator and journalist:
- Support me on Patreon (I'm still setting up the bonuses from the tiers but you can start donating now).
- Buy my shampoo or skincare. Want more info? Read my review of MONAT. Or click here to learn how to order MONAT and save the most money. Got questions? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if you need help placing an order.
- Send me a donation via Paypal: email@example.com
- Enroll in my online course: Online Marketing Simplified. Updates to the course are temporarily on hold so I can cover Q -- but I will be back to adding course lessons as soon as the storm is over and we are out of quarantine -- any week now!
- If you can't help financially, it's OK! You can help by sharing my content. Share my blog posts, YouTube videos, and Facebook & Instagram posts, and leave me comments. Sharing helps get my work seen -- and liking and commenting helps boost the content in the search engine algorithms.