New Year's Eve is a night for sacred foods in our family. We aways end the year eating nutrient dense foods — including oysters on the half shell, caviar, and king crab legs with drawn butter. Other favorites include pâté with toast and rillettes.
We spend more on the food, and save money on the bubbly. We ring in the New Year with a bottle of the Italian version of Champagne, Prosecco. Prosecco costs a fraction of what Champagne does, and it's just as good. You can get it at Trader Joe's for about $6 per bottle. Another cheap alternative to Champagne is Spanish cava.
Shellfish is the most nutrient-dense form of seafood. If your family doesn't like organ meats, they'll most assuredly love King Crab with melted butter.
According to the Weston A. Price Foundation:
“Many indigenous groups understood the necessity for special foods prior to conception, during pregnancy and during lactation. And crab was one of these foods. Of the photograph reproduced on page 400 of Nutrition and Physical Degeneration, Price described ‘a woman of one of the Fiji Islands who had gone several miles to the sea to get this particular type of lobster-crab which she believed, and which her tribal custom had demonstrated, was particularly efficient for producing a highly perfect infant.'”
To learn more about the benefits of eating crab, click here.Print
King Crab Legs with Drawn Butter
- Lemons (2)
- King crab legs (4-5 pounds)
- Butter or ghee, grass-fed if possible (1/2 cup)
1. Cut lemons into wedges.
2. Cut king crab into serving-sized pieces.
3. Steam in basket over 1 inch of boiling water for 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
4. Melt butter or ghee in a small saucepan. If using butter, strain off white milk solids and discard. Ration into 4 ramekins or finger bowls.
5. Serve crab with melted butter and lemon wedges.
If you can't find king crab, try Dungeness Crab instead. You can find it precooked at Whole Foods or even Costco.
Equipment Needed for This Recipe
Ramekins or finger bowls
Optional: Steaming basket (can use a stainless steel colander over a saucepan)
Pin This Post: King Crab Legs with Drawn Butter
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cheeseslave
- My List of Q (QAnon) Resources: https://www.cheeseslave.com/q-resources/
Support Me & My Work
I have been blogging about real food, alternative health, and about the dangers of vaccines and Big Pharma since 2007. As a result, the cabal has punished me severely financially via the IRS, FTC, hacks, etc. I lost my blog network in 2014 which I now believe was an orchestrated attack. Last summer, I lost 80% of my income from my blog due to the Google algorithm change that impacted almost all health bloggers including Dr. Mercola.I'm now working to build my blog and YouTube channel and I appreciate all the support from my fans. Once I can start making more money, I will be able to hire some help and childcare, so I can create more content. Thank you for any help you can offer. Here are some ways you can support me as a content creator and journalist:
- Support me on Patreon (I'm still setting up the bonuses from the tiers but you can start donating now).
- Buy my shampoo or skincare. Want more info? Read my review of MONAT. Or click here to learn how to order MONAT and save the most money. Got questions? Send me an email at email@example.com with any questions or if you need help placing an order.
- Send me a donation via Paypal: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enroll in my online course: Online Marketing Simplified. Updates to the course are temporarily on hold so I can cover Q -- but I will be back to adding course lessons as soon as the storm is over and we are out of quarantine -- any week now!
- If you can't help financially, it's OK! You can help by sharing my content. Share my blog posts, YouTube videos, and Facebook & Instagram posts, and leave me comments. Sharing helps get my work seen -- and liking and commenting helps boost the content in the search engine algorithms.