Yesterday morning my 5-year-old daughter, Kate and I headed downtown for a California Right to Know Yes on Prop 37 rally at LA City Hall. We went to show our support at the LA City Council meeting as they voted on whether or not they would endorse Prop 37.
Since Kate is homeschooled, we can do stuff like this at a moment's notice. It turned out to be a very inspiring experience, and a great learning experience for homeschoolers.
I explained to Kate that a lot of food we buy has “chemicals” in it. I told her that big companies put bug spray on our food. The bug spray is for killing bugs, but it also makes people sick when they eat the food that has been sprayed.
She said, “So then we just won't eat the food with the bug spray!”
I said, “Yes, but that's the problem. We don't know which food has bug spray — because they won't label the GMOs. We can buy organic, which we do, but if it's not labeled organic, we don't know what is in it.”
Here's Kate at the rally prior to the city council meeting:
This is the protest sign she made:
At the rally, we met an 8-year-old boy, Roan, also a homeschooler, from Topanga, California. Here he is rehearsing the speech he wrote:
His mom stood by his side as he delivered his speech to the City Council.
Roan got a standing ovation, and the LA City Council voted unanimously to endorse Prop 37.
What an awesome experience for an 8-year-old. Better than sitting in a classroom, huh? Not only did he get to learn first-hand about how our local government works, he wrote a speech, rehearsed it, and got fabulous experience with public speaking. Considering that public speaking is the number one fear in America, Roan is definitely ahead of the game. Just think how this experience will serve him down the road.
I have to say, I was very impressed with the council members, who spoke passionately about our right to know what we are buying and to stand up to the chemical and pesticide companies trying to buy this vote. Special thanks to my district's council member, Paul Koretz, who authored the resolution.
Koretz said, “I'm proud to be a part of this true grassroots campaign in our struggle against the biggest pesticide and junk food companies in the world.”
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cheeseslave
- My List of Q (QAnon) Resources: https://www.cheeseslave.com/q-resources/
Support Me & My Work
I have been blogging about real food, alternative health, and about the dangers of vaccines and Big Pharma since 2007. As a result, the cabal has punished me severely financially via the IRS, FTC, hacks, etc. I lost my blog network in 2014 which I now believe was an orchestrated attack. Last summer, I lost 80% of my income from my blog due to the Google algorithm change that impacted almost all health bloggers including Dr. Mercola.I'm now working to build my blog and YouTube channel and I appreciate all the support from my fans. Once I can start making more money, I will be able to hire some help and childcare, so I can create more content. Thank you for any help you can offer. Here are some ways you can support me as a content creator and journalist:
- Support me on Patreon (I'm still setting up the bonuses from the tiers but you can start donating now).
- Buy my shampoo or skincare. Want more info? Read my review of MONAT. Or click here to learn how to order MONAT and save the most money. Got questions? Send me an email at email@example.com with any questions or if you need help placing an order.
- Send me a donation via Paypal: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enroll in my online course: Online Marketing Simplified. Updates to the course are temporarily on hold so I can cover Q -- but I will be back to adding course lessons as soon as the storm is over and we are out of quarantine -- any week now!
- If you can't help financially, it's OK! You can help by sharing my content. Share my blog posts, YouTube videos, and Facebook & Instagram posts, and leave me comments. Sharing helps get my work seen -- and liking and commenting helps boost the content in the search engine algorithms.