We have all had those nights when you don't have anything ready and need to get dinner on the table ASAP. When this happens, you need a back-up plan.
Here's one of my favorites — Mexican Rice & Beans. This is an easy recipe to throw together at the last minute. And it's very nutrient-dense.
Last-Minute Mexican Rice & Beans
Brown rice, organic if possible, and better yet, sprouted
Frozen homemade chicken broth, homemade if possible; if not, use packaged organic chicken broth
Canned beans (black or pinto, organic if possible)
Grass-fed butter, raw if possible — where to buy butter
Lacto-fermented salsa (see my recipe here)
Leftover roasted grass-fed beef or chicken — where to buy meats
Sour cream (to make sour cream, just leave raw cream sitting out in a warm place overnight with a little added sour cream or buttermilk) — where to buy starters
Sea salt — where to buy sea salt
[easyazon-link asin=”B002CVTT52″ locale=”us”]Rice cooker[/easyazon-link]
1. Make your rice according to the directions on your rice cooker (or you can do it the old fashioned way — but it's a lot easier with a rice cooker). The only change you should make is to substitute chicken stock for the water. This will greatly boost the nutrient content of the meal.
If you are using brown rice, you will need to let it cook longer — so you may want to use white rice if you're short on time. Not as nutrient dense, but the chicken broth will help matters.
2. Warm the canned beans in a saucepan. Add a little chicken broth and let it cook down. Add sea salt to taste.
3. If you are using roasted beef or chicken, warm it up in a saucepan.
4. Grate some cheese (fastest way is in a food processor).
5. When the beans and rice are done, add some butter to the rice (to taste) and then layer the rice, then the beans, then the roasted meat in bowls.
6. Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
7. Serve with lacto-fermented salsa and/or sour cream and/or avocado.
This post is part of Real Food Wednesdays, hosted this week at Kelly the Kitchen Kop. To see more Healthy Fast Food Ideas (and to submit your own), check out Kelly the Kitchen Kop!
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my mailing list and get notified when I publish a new video or blog post. This is the BEST way to get updates.
- Follow me on Telegram: my Telegram channel This is the second best way to get updates. Telegram is an app you can add to your phone.
- Follow me on Gab: https://gab.com/cheeseslave
- Subscribe to my Bitchute channel. I'm hoping this site will not go down. I'm going to be posting videos on Gab -- but I will back up on Bitchute.
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel.
- Support me on Patreon
I uploaded a new video: The Rainbow Connection.
In the wake of #FauciGate, this week's FOIA release of 3,000 pages of emails from Dr. Fauci, we now find out a new blockbuster piece of information about the Wuhan Institute of Virology. In this...