Here's a fast, easy, and very nutrient-dense recipe for Coconut Flour Bacon Egg & Cheese Muffins. These muffins are a delicious on-the-go breakfast — or a healthful snack.
They are made with coconut flour, which is low-carb. If you are on a low-carb diet, you probably miss baked goods every once in a while. It also makes these muffins gluten-free.
I love that these muffins are portable. For all those people who don't have time to sit down to a nutritious plate of eggsand bacon in the morning — they can grab a muffin and go. You could also make a large batch of these muffins and freeze them, then heat them up in the toaster oven (NEVER the microwave!).
My husband loved them — he said, “Those savory Polish pastries you made were quite good.” Ha! Polish, I don't know about but I'm glad he liked them.
Coconut Flour Bacon Egg & Cheese Muffins
Makes 6 muffins.
3 eggs, organic and/or pastured
2 tablespoons bacon grease
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder (aluminum-free)
8 strips bacon (organic)
1/2 cup (4 oz) cheddar cheese
Butter or lard (if you are greasing your muffin tin)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Fry bacon in a skillet until crispy. Set aside.
3. Blend eggs, bacon drippings and salt in a mixing bowl.
4. Add coconut flour and baking powder — mix until there are no lumps.
5. Throw the bacon and cheese into the food processor and pulse until crumbled. Stir into batter.
6. Either grease your muffin tin with butter or lard or use the paper inserts.
7. Pour batter into muffin tin and bake for 15 minutes.
This recipe is adapted from Bruce Fife's book, “Cooking with Coconut Flour”.
I made just one change: instead of putting the cheese on top as he recommends, I recommend mixing it into the batter. I followed the recipe as written and I found the muffin texture to be a tad dry — and the cheese was too gooey on top (as you can see in the photo above). The cheese also got stuck to the paper cups.
I also wanted my muffins to be a bit more “eggy”. I think my eggs were a little small. Next time I will try using 4 eggs instead of 3.
Of course, these flaws didn't stop anyone from eating them. Do not expect leftovers. These muffins will be snarfed up in record time.
Pin This Recipe: Coconut Flour Bacon Egg and Cheese Muffins
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cheeseslave
- My List of Q (QAnon) Resources: https://www.cheeseslave.com/q-resources/
Support Me & My Work
I have been blogging about real food, alternative health, and about the dangers of vaccines and Big Pharma since 2007. As a result, the cabal has punished me severely financially via the IRS, FTC, hacks, etc. I lost my blog network in 2014 which I now believe was an orchestrated attack. Last summer, I lost 80% of my income from my blog due to the Google algorithm change that impacted almost all health bloggers including Dr. Mercola.I'm now working to build my blog and YouTube channel and I appreciate all the support from my fans. Once I can start making more money, I will be able to hire some help and childcare, so I can create more content. Thank you for any help you can offer. Here are some ways you can support me as a content creator and journalist:
- Support me on Patreon (I'm still setting up the bonuses from the tiers but you can start donating now).
- Buy my shampoo or skincare. Want more info? Read my review of MONAT. Or click here to learn how to order MONAT and save the most money. Got questions? Send me an email at email@example.com with any questions or if you need help placing an order.
- Send me a donation via Paypal: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enroll in my online course: Online Marketing Simplified. Updates to the course are temporarily on hold so I can cover Q -- but I will be back to adding course lessons as soon as the storm is over and we are out of quarantine -- any week now!
- If you can't help financially, it's OK! You can help by sharing my content. Share my blog posts, YouTube videos, and Facebook & Instagram posts, and leave me comments. Sharing helps get my work seen -- and liking and commenting helps boost the content in the search engine algorithms.