I was looking around the web for a recipe for purslane salad. I found purslane at the farmer's market on Saturday and we have not gotten around to eating it yet — I want to make a salad tonight before it goes bad. I'm also serving grilled salmon and artichokes with melted butter.
Anyway, I happened to come across this recipe, which I think looks really yummy!
Of course, I would not make the recipe this way — I would use whey and sea salt, just like we make Nourishing Traditions dill pickles. I think I will try it. They've got to be super-nutritious. I'll post my results and modified recipe.
(from Joy of Pickling, by Linda Ziedrich)
Purslane stalks, cut to fit vertically in a pint jar (1/2 lb)
Dill head (1)
White wine vinegar (10 Tbsp)
Water (10 Tbsp) — where to buy water filtering system
Pickling salt (1 1/2 tsp)
Garlic clove, sliced (1)
Black peppercorns (4)
Optional: Small fresh or dried chile pepper, split lengthwise (1)
1.Pack the purslane stalks vertically in a pint jar, slipping the dill head and chile pepper down the
side. In a nonreactive saucepan, bring to a boil the vinegar, water, salt, garlic, and peppercorns, stirring to dissolve the pickling salt. Pour the hot liquid over the purslane. Cover the jar with a nonreactive cap.
2.Store the jar in the refrigerator for 1 week before eating the purslane. It will keep, refrigerated, for several months or longer. Yields 1 pint.
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my mailing list and get notified when I publish a new video or blog post. This is the BEST way to get updates.
- Follow me on Telegram: my Telegram channel This is the second best way to get updates. Telegram is an app you can add to your phone.
- Follow me on Gab: https://gab.com/cheeseslave
- Subscribe to my Bitchute channel. I'm hoping this site will not go down. I'm going to be posting videos on Gab -- but I will back up on Bitchute.
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel.
- Support me on Patreon
I uploaded a new video: The Rainbow Connection.
In the wake of #FauciGate, this week's FOIA release of 3,000 pages of emails from Dr. Fauci, we now find out a new blockbuster piece of information about the Wuhan Institute of Virology. In this...