It's fall, and for me, fall is all about soup! I think you're going to love this Potato Cheddar Broccoli Soup. My husband even loves it and he is so not a soup kind of guy.
I love a baked potato topped with cheddar cheese, sour cream and steamed broccoli. It's one of my very favorite treats. This soup has all the exact same ingredients — only of course, you add homemade chicken stock which is so good for you.
Potato Cheddar Broccoli SoupPrint
Potato Cheddar Broccoli Soup
- Onions, yellow or white, medium (2)
- Grass-fed butter or ghee, or coconut oil, or pastured lard (2-3 TBS)
- Garlic (2 cloves)
- Potatoes, russet, organic if possible (2 1/2 pounds)
- Carrots, organic if possible (2)
- Chicken stock, homemade (5 cups)
- Broccoli, organic if possible (1 lb)
- Raw milk from grass-fed cows (3/4 cup)
- Cream, grass-fed, raw if possible (3/4 cup)
- Cheddar cheese, from grass-fed cows (1 cup)
- Sea salt, to taste
1. Chop onions and smash, crush or mince garlic.
2. In a Dutch oven or stainless steel saucepan, cook onions in fat until soft.
3. Stir in crushed garlic and cook for another few minutes.
4. Peel and chop up potatoes and carrots.
5. Add potatoes, carrots, and chicken stock.
6. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, then cover and simmer for 1 hour.
7. Separate broccoli into small flowerets and tender stems and set aside. Discard tough stems.
8. Add broccoli stems to potato mixture. Cover; simmer 45 minutes. Add broccoli flowerets and cook, covered, for 15 minutes more.
9. Add milk, cream, cheese, salt, and pepper to the pot.
10. Puree with immersion blender or use a potato masher until coarsely blended to desired texture.
11. Add more chicken stock, if needed, to desired consistency. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Equipment Needed for This Recipe
Dutch oven or stainless steel saucepan
Pint This Post:
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cheeseslave
- My List of Q (QAnon) Resources: https://www.cheeseslave.com/q-resources/
Support Me & My Work
I have been blogging about real food, alternative health, and about the dangers of vaccines and Big Pharma since 2007. As a result, the cabal has punished me severely financially via the IRS, FTC, hacks, etc. I lost my blog network in 2014 which I now believe was an orchestrated attack. Last summer, I lost 80% of my income from my blog due to the Google algorithm change that impacted almost all health bloggers including Dr. Mercola.I'm now working to build my blog and YouTube channel and I appreciate all the support from my fans. Once I can start making more money, I will be able to hire some help and childcare, so I can create more content. Thank you for any help you can offer. Here are some ways you can support me as a content creator and journalist:
- Support me on Patreon (I'm still setting up the bonuses from the tiers but you can start donating now).
- Buy my shampoo or skincare. Want more info? Read my review of MONAT. Or click here to learn how to order MONAT and save the most money. Got questions? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if you need help placing an order.
- Send me a donation via Paypal: email@example.com
- Enroll in my online course: Online Marketing Simplified. Updates to the course are temporarily on hold so I can cover Q -- but I will be back to adding course lessons as soon as the storm is over and we are out of quarantine -- any week now!
- If you can't help financially, it's OK! You can help by sharing my content. Share my blog posts, YouTube videos, and Facebook & Instagram posts, and leave me comments. Sharing helps get my work seen -- and liking and commenting helps boost the content in the search engine algorithms.