Your family will love these Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas. They are like the Mexican form of lasagna, only they are made with enchilada sauce that is essentially Mexican gravy. Let that sink in. But OMG, yes! SO GOOD!
I'm calling these Chicken and CHEESE (emphasis on the cheese) enchiladas because we load them up with extra cheese. Because more cheese is always better. This is Cheeseslave, after all!
I am from Texas, and, generally speaking, I do not like enchiladas. I have never made enchiladas before, and I can count the times I've ordered enchiladas in a restaurant on one hand. Why? Because most enchiladas suck. That nasty red sauce that tastes awful — like ketchup with added chili powder.
These Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas are different. The homemade enchilada sauce is what makes all the difference. It's made with bone broth, so not only is it super tasty, but it's extremely nutritious.
My family loves these Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas so much, we have them in rotation every week now.
A HUGE thank you to Gimme Some Oven, which is where I got the recipes (and then modified them). I love you forever!
How to Make Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas
This recipe is so easy! Jump down to the printable recipe below.
First you make the homemade enchilada sauce. This can be done up to two weeks ahead. You can also make it in batches and store in the freezer. It's really fast to make though, so we always make it fresh.
After you have the sauce ready, all you do to assemble the enchiladas is layer the sauce, then beans, then chicken, then cheese on the tortillas.
Arrange the assembled enchiladas in a buttered baking dish.
Layer on any remaining enchilada sauce and top with cheese.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes until it's all ooey-gooey like this.
Your family is gonna love these enchiladas!
Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas: Pin the Recipe for Later
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my mailing list and get notified when I publish a new video or blog post. This is the BEST way to get updates.
- Follow me on Telegram: my Telegram channel This is the second best way to get updates. Telegram is an app you can add to your phone.
- Follow me on Gab: https://gab.com/cheeseslave
- Subscribe to my Bitchute channel. I'm hoping this site will not go down. I'm going to be posting videos on Gab -- but I will back up on Bitchute.
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel.
- Support me on Patreon