Once you've tried Persian Rice (tahdig), you'll never go back to any other kind of rice. Because it's made with butter and coconut oil, this rice dish tastes like movie theater popcorn. It's perfect with kabobs or other Middle Eastern dishes.
Persian Rice (Tahdig)
The first time I had Persian Rice (tahdig), it was made for me by my best friend, Maryam. She emigrated from Iran to the USA 5 years ago (she's becoming an American citizen this month).
Maryam is like a sister to me (her name is the same as my name, Ann Marie, in Persian). She is the most wonderful cook. My son, Oliver, is spoiled by her cooking.
I'm sure Persian food will always be his comfort food. (Just like Texan food is mine.) I promise to share more of her recipes on the blog in the future.
I like to make Persian Rice (tahdig) and grill chicken kabobs outside in the summertime. I will post that recipe soon.
Pin This Recipe: Persian Rice (Tahdig)
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my mailing list and get notified when I publish a new video or blog post. This is the BEST way to get updates.
- Follow me on Telegram: my Telegram channel This is the second best way to get updates. Telegram is an app you can add to your phone.
- Follow me on Gab: https://gab.com/cheeseslave
- Subscribe to my Bitchute channel. I'm hoping this site will not go down. I'm going to be posting videos on Gab -- but I will back up on Bitchute.
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel.
- Support me on Patreon