© Copyright 2007-2018 Cheeseslave. All Rights Reserved.
Roasted Bone Marrow
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Rinse and coarsely chop parsley (discarding stems).
- Peel and thinly slice shallots.
- Combine chopped parsley, sliced shallots and capers in small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Put bones, cut side up, on parchment– or Silpat-lined baking sheet or in ovenproof skillet.
- Cook until marrow is soft and begins to separate from the bone, about 10-15 minutes. (Stop before marrow begins to leak out.)
- Just before bones are ready, whisk together olive oil and lemon juice and drizzle dressing over parsley mixture until leaves are just coated.
- Slice the bread and toast for a few minutes in the oven.
- Put roasted bones, parsley salad, salt and toast on a large plate.
- To serve, scoop out marrow, spread on toast, sprinkle with salt and top with parsley salad.