If you hate Brussels sprouts, I'm here to tell you… you are missing out. Because you haven't had these roasted Brussels sprouts.
It was this method of preparation that made my daughter fall in love with Brussels sprouts when she was 4 years old. She's 12 now, and they are now one of her very favorite vegetables.
In fact, when I took her to Whole Foods once and got some steamed Brussels sprouts from the prepared food section, she hated them. She said, “Mom, these aren't like your Brussels sprouts!”
Why are they so good? It's all the saturated fat (yes, it's good for you) and the caramelization that takes these Brussels sprouts over the top. Brussels sprouts can taste bitter when not prepared correctly, but the roasting in fat is what makes them so delicious.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: side dish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut off the ends of the Brussels sprouts and remove any yellow outer leaves.
- Cut the Brussels sprouts in half.
- Melt the fat and pour over Brussels sprouts on a Silpat-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Toss the sprouts occasionally so they brown evenly.
- Remove from the oven.
- Add sea salt and black pepper if necessary.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: brussels sprouts
Pin This Post: Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my mailing list and get notified when I publish a new video or blog post. This is the BEST way to get updates.
- Follow me on Telegram: my Telegram channel This is the second best way to get updates. Telegram is an app you can add to your phone.
- Follow me on Gab: https://gab.com/cheeseslave
- Subscribe to my Bitchute channel. I'm hoping this site will not go down. I'm going to be posting videos on Gab -- but I will back up on Bitchute.
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel.
- Support me on Patreon
I uploaded a new video: The Rainbow Connection.
In the wake of #FauciGate, this week's FOIA release of 3,000 pages of emails from Dr. Fauci, we now find out a new blockbuster piece of information about the Wuhan Institute of Virology. In this...