If you hate Brussels sprouts, I'm here to tell you… you are missing out. Because you haven't had these roasted Brussels sprouts.
It was this method of preparation that made my daughter fall in love with Brussels sprouts when she was 4 years old. She's 12 now, and they are now one of her very favorite vegetables.
In fact, when I took her to Whole Foods once and got some steamed Brussels sprouts from the prepared food section, she hated them. She said, “Mom, these aren't like your Brussels sprouts!”
Why are they so good? It's all the saturated fat (yes, it's good for you) and the caramelization that takes these Brussels sprouts over the top. Brussels sprouts can taste bitter when not prepared correctly, but the roasting in fat is what makes them so delicious.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: side dish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut off the ends of the Brussels sprouts and remove any yellow outer leaves.
- Cut the Brussels sprouts in half.
- Melt the fat and pour over Brussels sprouts on a Silpat-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Toss the sprouts occasionally so they brown evenly.
- Remove from the oven.
- Add sea salt and black pepper if necessary.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: brussels sprouts
Pin This Post: Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cheeseslave
- My List of Q (QAnon) Resources: https://www.cheeseslave.com/q-resources/
Support Me & My Work
I have been blogging about real food, alternative health, and about the dangers of vaccines and Big Pharma since 2007. As a result, the cabal has punished me severely financially via the IRS, FTC, hacks, etc. I lost my blog network in 2014 which I now believe was an orchestrated attack. Last summer, I lost 80% of my income from my blog due to the Google algorithm change that impacted almost all health bloggers including Dr. Mercola.I'm now working to build my blog and YouTube channel and I appreciate all the support from my fans. Once I can start making more money, I will be able to hire some help and childcare, so I can create more content. Thank you for any help you can offer. Here are some ways you can support me as a content creator and journalist:
- Support me on Patreon (I'm still setting up the bonuses from the tiers but you can start donating now).
- Buy my shampoo or skincare. Want more info? Read my review of MONAT. Or click here to learn how to order MONAT and save the most money. Got questions? Send me an email at email@example.com with any questions or if you need help placing an order.
- Send me a donation via Paypal: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enroll in my online course: Online Marketing Simplified. Updates to the course are temporarily on hold so I can cover Q -- but I will be back to adding course lessons as soon as the storm is over and we are out of quarantine -- any week now!
- If you can't help financially, it's OK! You can help by sharing my content. Share my blog posts, YouTube videos, and Facebook & Instagram posts, and leave me comments. Sharing helps get my work seen -- and liking and commenting helps boost the content in the search engine algorithms.