Shrimp Pad Thai
Do you love Shrimp Pad Thai as much as I do? If so, you'll love being able to make it at home for your family.
Shrimp is extremely good for you — rich in vitamin D. And we're using coconut oil, which is a healthy fat.
Shrimp Pad Thai
Rice wine vinegar or white vinegar (1/4 cup)
Fermented fish sauce (1/4 cup) — click here for my recipe
Sucanat, coconut sugar or honey (1/4 cup) — where to buy sucanat; where to coconut sugar; where to honey
Brown rice stick noodles or white rice stick noodles (1 1/2 pounds)
Garlic cloves (6)
Fresh or frozen wild raw shrimp (1 pound)
Coconut oil or expeller-pressed coconut oil (1 TBS) — where to buy coconut oil
Eggs, pastured or free-range organic (4)
Soy sauce (naturally fermented) or fermented fish sauce to taste
Chile powder to taste
Optional: Fresh bean sprouts (1 cup)
Optional: [easyazon-link asin=”B00063RXQK” locale=”us”]Wok[/easyazon-link] — or use a large, wide-bottomed saucepan
1. Combine the vinegar, fish sauce and sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Place the rice stick noodles in a large bowl and cover with hot water. Set aside.
3. Peel and crush the garlic, put in a bowl and set aside.
4. Peel the shrimp, leaving the tails on.
5. Devein the shrimp: pull the black thread on the backside out and discard. You can use a knife to make a shallow slit along the backside of the shrimp if necessary. Set shrimp aside.
6. Drain the rice noodles in a colander.
7. Add coconut oil to wok or large, wide saucepan or skillet. Set on medium-high heat.
8. Beat the eggs in a small bowl.
9. When coconut oil is hot, add the crushed garlic to the pan. Let cook for 5-10 seconds, then add the beaten eggs and stir to scramble.
10. Add the strained rice noodles and stir. Then stir in the sauce.
11. Taste. Add chile powder and/or salt or soy sauce if necessary.
12. Add the shrimp and mix well. Cook until shrimp are pink and cooked through.
13. Serve in bowls with (optional) bean sprouts on top.
Photo Credit:Alain Limoges, on Flickr
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my mailing list and get notified when I publish a new video or blog post. This is the BEST way to get updates.
- Follow me on Telegram: my Telegram channel This is the second best way to get updates. Telegram is an app you can add to your phone.
- Follow me on Gab: https://gab.com/cheeseslave
- Subscribe to my Bitchute channel. I'm hoping this site will not go down. I'm going to be posting videos on Gab -- but I will back up on Bitchute.
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel.
- Support me on Patreon
Hi everyone, I wanted to start by telling you how much I appreciate you for supporting me on Patreon. As I always say, I don't do anything until God tells me to take action. A week ago, at the Clay...
I made a new video: What It's Like Trying to Wake Up Normies. If you know, you know.