Shrimp Pad Thai
Do you love Shrimp Pad Thai as much as I do? If so, you'll love being able to make it at home for your family.
Shrimp is extremely good for you — rich in vitamin D. And we're using coconut oil, which is a healthy fat.
Shrimp Pad Thai
Rice wine vinegar or white vinegar (1/4 cup)
Fermented fish sauce (1/4 cup) — click here for my recipe
Sucanat, coconut sugar or honey (1/4 cup) — where to buy sucanat; where to coconut sugar; where to honey
Brown rice stick noodles or white rice stick noodles (1 1/2 pounds)
Garlic cloves (6)
Fresh or frozen wild raw shrimp (1 pound)
Coconut oil or expeller-pressed coconut oil (1 TBS) — where to buy coconut oil
Eggs, pastured or free-range organic (4)
Soy sauce (naturally fermented) or fermented fish sauce to taste
Chile powder to taste
Optional: Fresh bean sprouts (1 cup)
Optional: Wok — or use a large, wide-bottomed saucepan
1. Combine the vinegar, fish sauce and sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Place the rice stick noodles in a large bowl and cover with hot water. Set aside.
3. Peel and crush the garlic, put in a bowl and set aside.
4. Peel the shrimp, leaving the tails on.
5. Devein the shrimp: pull the black thread on the backside out and discard. You can use a knife to make a shallow slit along the backside of the shrimp if necessary. Set shrimp aside.
6. Drain the rice noodles in a colander.
7. Add coconut oil to wok or large, wide saucepan or skillet. Set on medium-high heat.
8. Beat the eggs in a small bowl.
9. When coconut oil is hot, add the crushed garlic to the pan. Let cook for 5-10 seconds, then add the beaten eggs and stir to scramble.
10. Add the strained rice noodles and stir. Then stir in the sauce.
11. Taste. Add chile powder and/or salt or soy sauce if necessary.
12. Add the shrimp and mix well. Cook until shrimp are pink and cooked through.
13. Serve in bowls with (optional) bean sprouts on top.
Photo Credit:Alain Limoges, on Flickr
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cheeseslave
- My List of Q (QAnon) Resources: https://www.cheeseslave.com/q-resources/
Support Me & My Work
I have been blogging about real food, alternative health, and about the dangers of vaccines and Big Pharma since 2007. As a result, the cabal has punished me severely financially via the IRS, FTC, hacks, etc. I lost my blog network in 2014 which I now believe was an orchestrated attack. Last summer, I lost 80% of my income from my blog due to the Google algorithm change that impacted almost all health bloggers including Dr. Mercola.I'm now working to build my blog and YouTube channel and I appreciate all the support from my fans. Once I can start making more money, I will be able to hire some help and childcare, so I can create more content. Thank you for any help you can offer. Here are some ways you can support me as a content creator and journalist:
- Support me on Patreon (I'm still setting up the bonuses from the tiers but you can start donating now).
- Buy my shampoo or skincare. Want more info? Read my review of MONAT. Or click here to learn how to order MONAT and save the most money. Got questions? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if you need help placing an order.
- Send me a donation via Paypal: email@example.com
- Enroll in my online course: Online Marketing Simplified. Updates to the course are temporarily on hold so I can cover Q -- but I will be back to adding course lessons as soon as the storm is over and we are out of quarantine -- any week now!
- If you can't help financially, it's OK! You can help by sharing my content. Share my blog posts, YouTube videos, and Facebook & Instagram posts, and leave me comments. Sharing helps get my work seen -- and liking and commenting helps boost the content in the search engine algorithms.