I hope you are enjoying the summer harvest from your garden. If you don't have a garden, you can find fabulous fresh produce at your local farmer's market.
I've been getting a lot of strawberries which we've been eating, or using to make strawberry ice cream.
I'm also growing basil, which I use to make my favorite summer sauce, pesto.
I also love caprese salads. Nothing like fresh summer tomatoes, basil, and fresh mozzarella!
Summer Recipes from the Garden
Here are some of my favorite summertime recipes from the garden:
Summertime Gazpacho – Cold, spicy, flavorful tomato soup. I love it with fresh avocado and ice cubes.
Edible Weed & Sprouts Salad – I just picked up some purslane from the farmer's market. I've been meaning to plant some — it grows like a weed (I guess that's because it is a weed).
Buttermilk Ranch Dressing – I love this dressing because it's full of fat-soluble activators and probiotics, but also because you can add lots of fresh garden herbs from the garden to give it a ton of flavor.
Pesto-Crusted Salmon – Instead of putting pesto on pasta, try slathering it on wild salmon. It tastes great and it's much more nutrient-dense.
Roast Duck with Cherry Reduction Sauce – A reduction sauce is a wonderful way to get more bone broth into your family. Add some cherries, and it's heavenly served over roast duck.
Homemade Cherry Pie – Make a homemade cherry pie with fresh cherries from the garden or farmer's market and your family will fall in love. The last time I served this, people could not stop raving. It's that good.
Honey Roasted Figs with Vanilla Ice Cream – I had a fig tree in my last home and I could not keep up with the figs that tree produced. You'll love this dessert.
Leave a Comment
What are you growing in your garden this summer? What summer recipes are you enjoying? Please add a link to a great summer recipe with fresh-from-the-garden produce below.
Disclosure: I wrote this post while participating in the Sowing Millions Project by Real Food Media on behalf of Seeds of Change. I received product and exclusive content to facilitate my post. My thoughts and opinions are my own and not of those of Real Food Media or Seeds of Change
cmp.ly/4 and cmp.ly/5
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cheeseslave
- My List of Q (QAnon) Resources: https://www.cheeseslave.com/q-resources/
Support Me & My Work
I have been blogging about real food, alternative health, and about the dangers of vaccines and Big Pharma since 2007. As a result, the cabal has punished me severely financially via the IRS, FTC, hacks, etc. I lost my blog network in 2014 which I now believe was an orchestrated attack. Last summer, I lost 80% of my income from my blog due to the Google algorithm change that impacted almost all health bloggers including Dr. Mercola.I'm now working to build my blog and YouTube channel and I appreciate all the support from my fans. Once I can start making more money, I will be able to hire some help and childcare, so I can create more content. Thank you for any help you can offer. Here are some ways you can support me as a content creator and journalist:
- Support me on Patreon (I'm still setting up the bonuses from the tiers but you can start donating now).
- Buy my shampoo or skincare. Want more info? Read my review of MONAT. Or click here to learn how to order MONAT and save the most money. Got questions? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if you need help placing an order.
- Send me a donation via Paypal: email@example.com
- Enroll in my online course: Online Marketing Simplified. Updates to the course are temporarily on hold so I can cover Q -- but I will be back to adding course lessons as soon as the storm is over and we are out of quarantine -- any week now!
- If you can't help financially, it's OK! You can help by sharing my content. Share my blog posts, YouTube videos, and Facebook & Instagram posts, and leave me comments. Sharing helps get my work seen -- and liking and commenting helps boost the content in the search engine algorithms.