Ever since I heard Martha Stewart talking about Tacos de Lengua, I've been wanting to try making it. Tacos de Lengua is Spanish for beef tongue tacos.
It turns out it's not hard at all to make and it's very tasty. It's not like other organ meats. It's got a taste all it's own. When I first tasted it, I thought it tasted a little bit like corned beef. You can then season it like you would any taco meat.
Tacos de Lengua
1. Set a stock pot halfway filled with water on the stove on high heat and bring to a boil.
2. While the water is coming to a boil, chop up a head of garlic.
3. Add the chopped garlic and a couple teaspoons of sea salt to the boiling water.
4. Add the beef tongue to the water. The water should just cover the tongue.
5. Turn the heat down to medium and cover. Let cook for 2-3 hours. The house will smell wonderful!
6. You can tell when it's done when the skin of the tongue easily pulls away. Remove the tongue from the water and set on a cutting board for 10-15 minutes to cool. Discard the water (I thought about saving it as a stock but I'm not sure if this is commonly done — and I did not have room in my fridge. It tasted good.)
7. Peel the tongue and discard the outer skin.
8. Shred or slice the tongue.
9. Chop 2 cloves of garlic and 1 onion.
10. Put some butter, lard, duck fat, or other good fat in a cast iron skillet on low to medium heat.
11. Add chopped onions and garlic and cook until soft.
12. Add the shredded or sliced tongue.
13. Season as you normally would to make taco meat. I don't have a good recipe for taco meat (please post if you do). I just throw together whatever I have on hand — various spices like chili powder and cayenne and cumin.
14. Serve the tacos de lengua in warm tortillas, with guacamole, salsa, and sour cream.
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cheeseslave
- My List of Q (QAnon) Resources: https://www.cheeseslave.com/q-resources/
Support Me & My Work
I have been blogging about real food, alternative health, and about the dangers of vaccines and Big Pharma since 2007. As a result, the cabal has punished me severely financially via the IRS, FTC, hacks, etc. I lost my blog network in 2014 which I now believe was an orchestrated attack. Last summer, I lost 80% of my income from my blog due to the Google algorithm change that impacted almost all health bloggers including Dr. Mercola.I'm now working to build my blog and YouTube channel and I appreciate all the support from my fans. Once I can start making more money, I will be able to hire some help and childcare, so I can create more content. Thank you for any help you can offer. Here are some ways you can support me as a content creator and journalist:
- Support me on Patreon (I'm still setting up the bonuses from the tiers but you can start donating now).
- Buy my shampoo or skincare. Want more info? Read my review of MONAT. Or click here to learn how to order MONAT and save the most money. Got questions? Send me an email at email@example.com with any questions or if you need help placing an order.
- Send me a donation via Paypal: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enroll in my online course: Online Marketing Simplified. Updates to the course are temporarily on hold so I can cover Q -- but I will be back to adding course lessons as soon as the storm is over and we are out of quarantine -- any week now!
- If you can't help financially, it's OK! You can help by sharing my content. Share my blog posts, YouTube videos, and Facebook & Instagram posts, and leave me comments. Sharing helps get my work seen -- and liking and commenting helps boost the content in the search engine algorithms.