I love Twice Baked Potatoes even better than baked potatoes. They are my daughter's favorite side dish, and a family favorite. Serve them as an appetizer or for a party, or as a side dish.Print
Twice Baked Potatoes
The recipe for Twice Baked Potatoes is adapted from Cooks Illustrated. I've made a couple of improvements.
Instead of mixing the sour cream in and baking them, I like putting the sour cream on top because it's so luscious. I also used cream instead of their suggested buttermilk, to add more good fat. If you like, add a big dollop of sour cream on top.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- Category: Side Dish, Appetizer
- Potatoes, russet, ideally organic (4 potatoes, 8-ounces each)
- Bacon (8 strips) Cheese, cheddar (4 oz)
- Cream (4 oz)
- Butter (4 TBS)
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Sour cream (to taste)
- Optional: Chives, fresh (1 small bunch)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bake potatoes until skin is crisp and deep brown and skewer easily pierces flesh, about 1 hour.
- Fry bacon until crisp. Set aside.
- When done, transfer potatoes to wire rack and let cool (around 15-20 minutes). Leave oven on.
- Crumble bacon and grate cheese; set aside.
- Cut each potato in half. Using a spoon, scoop flesh from each half into a mixing bowl, leaving 1/4-inch thickness of flesh in each shell.
- Arrange potato shells on baking sheet and return to oven until dry and slightly crisped, about 10 minutes.
- Remove shells from oven and increase oven setting to broil.
- Mash potato flesh with fork until smooth. Mix in crumbled bacon, grated cheese, cream, and butter until well-combined.
- Add sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Spoon mixture into potato shells and return to oven.
- Broil until spotty brown and crisp on top, around 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve topped with sour cream and optional chives.
Pin This Post: Twice Baked Potatoes
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cheeseslave
- My List of Q (QAnon) Resources: https://www.cheeseslave.com/q-resources/
Support Me & My Work
I have been blogging about real food, alternative health, and about the dangers of vaccines and Big Pharma since 2007. As a result, the cabal has punished me severely financially via the IRS, FTC, hacks, etc. I lost my blog network in 2014 which I now believe was an orchestrated attack. Last summer, I lost 80% of my income from my blog due to the Google algorithm change that impacted almost all health bloggers including Dr. Mercola.I'm now working to build my blog and YouTube channel and I appreciate all the support from my fans. Once I can start making more money, I will be able to hire some help and childcare, so I can create more content. Thank you for any help you can offer. Here are some ways you can support me as a content creator and journalist:
- Support me on Patreon (I'm still setting up the bonuses from the tiers but you can start donating now).
- Buy my shampoo or skincare. Want more info? Read my review of MONAT. Or click here to learn how to order MONAT and save the most money. Got questions? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if you need help placing an order.
- Send me a donation via Paypal: email@example.com
- Enroll in my online course: Online Marketing Simplified. Updates to the course are temporarily on hold so I can cover Q -- but I will be back to adding course lessons as soon as the storm is over and we are out of quarantine -- any week now!
- If you can't help financially, it's OK! You can help by sharing my content. Share my blog posts, YouTube videos, and Facebook & Instagram posts, and leave me comments. Sharing helps get my work seen -- and liking and commenting helps boost the content in the search engine algorithms.