White Bean and Chicken Chili is one of my very favorite winter meals. If it's cold out and you're tired of chili, try this version with white beans, chicken, chicken stock, and green chiles. It's delicious with grated cheese and sour cream on top.
This recipe is legal on the GAPS Diet.
White Bean Chili
Navy beans, dried (1 lb)
Chicken stock, homemade (5 cups)
Butter, ghee, lard, tallow, grass-fed, duck fat, or expeller-pressed coconut oil (4 tablespoons) — where to buy butter; where to buy ghee; where to buy coconut oil
Garlic (2 cloves)
Onion, yellow or white, medium (1)
Green chiles, canned (8 oz)
Chicken breasts and/or thighs, pastured or free range organic, skinless & boneless (1 lb)
Cumin, ground (1 TBS)
Oregano, dried (1 TBS)
Red pepper flakes (1 pinch)
Sea salt (to taste)
Freshly ground black pepper (to taste) — where to buy black pepper
Sour cream or coconut milk kefir — where to buy starters
Garnish: Cheese, cheddar, or Parmesan, from grass-fed cows (2 oz) — where to buy cheese
Stock pot or [easyazon-link asin=”B00004SBHA” locale=”us”]Dutch oven[/easyazon-link]
1. Rinse beans well, and pick out any stones.
2. Put the dry beans in a stockpot or Dutch oven and cover with warm filtered water. Cover with a lid, set in a warm place and let soak for 12-24 hours.
3. Drain and rinse beans.
4. Place beans back in the stockpot with chicken stock and bring to a boil over high heat.
5. Meanwhile, cut up chicken into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
6. Chop the onion and mince or crush the garlic. Set aside.
7. In a large saucepan, heat 4 TBS of butter or other fat (see ingredients) on medium heat.
8. Add garlic, onion, and green chiles and saute for 5 minutes.
9. Stir in the chicken, cumin, oregano and red pepper flakes.
10. Add to the stock pot with the beans.
11. Set the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 hours. Or you can transfer to a crock pot and cook for 3-4 hours.
12. Serve with lots of grated cheese and sour cream or, if you are dairy intolerant, add fermented coconut yogurt.
Photo Credit: love sorting beans by veganjoy, on Flickr
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my mailing list and get notified when I publish a new video or blog post. This is the BEST way to get updates.
- Follow me on Telegram: my Telegram channel This is the second best way to get updates. Telegram is an app you can add to your phone.
- Follow me on Gab: https://gab.com/cheeseslave
- Subscribe to my Bitchute channel. I'm hoping this site will not go down. I'm going to be posting videos on Gab -- but I will back up on Bitchute.
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel.
- Support me on Patreon
I uploaded a new video: You May Be Right
I uploaded a new video: Stand (In The Place Where You Live).