White Bean and Chicken Chili is one of my very favorite winter meals. If it's cold out and you're tired of chili, try this version with white beans, chicken, chicken stock, and green chiles. It's delicious with grated cheese and sour cream on top.
This recipe is legal on the GAPS Diet.
White Bean Chili
Navy beans, dried (1 lb)
Chicken stock, homemade (5 cups)
Butter, ghee, lard, tallow, grass-fed, duck fat, or expeller-pressed coconut oil (4 tablespoons) — where to buy butter; where to buy ghee; where to buy coconut oil
Garlic (2 cloves)
Onion, yellow or white, medium (1)
Green chiles, canned (8 oz)
Chicken breasts and/or thighs, pastured or free range organic, skinless & boneless (1 lb)
Cumin, ground (1 TBS)
Oregano, dried (1 TBS)
Red pepper flakes (1 pinch)
Sea salt (to taste)
Freshly ground black pepper (to taste) — where to buy black pepper
Sour cream or coconut milk kefir — where to buy starters
Garnish: Cheese, cheddar, or Parmesan, from grass-fed cows (2 oz) — where to buy cheese
Stock pot or Dutch oven
1. Rinse beans well, and pick out any stones.
2. Put the dry beans in a stockpot or Dutch oven and cover with warm filtered water. Cover with a lid, set in a warm place and let soak for 12-24 hours.
3. Drain and rinse beans.
4. Place beans back in the stockpot with chicken stock and bring to a boil over high heat.
5. Meanwhile, cut up chicken into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
6. Chop the onion and mince or crush the garlic. Set aside.
7. In a large saucepan, heat 4 TBS of butter or other fat (see ingredients) on medium heat.
8. Add garlic, onion, and green chiles and saute for 5 minutes.
9. Stir in the chicken, cumin, oregano and red pepper flakes.
10. Add to the stock pot with the beans.
11. Set the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 hours. Or you can transfer to a crock pot and cook for 3-4 hours.
12. Serve with lots of grated cheese and sour cream or, if you are dairy intolerant, add fermented coconut yogurt.
Photo Credit: love sorting beans by veganjoy, on Flickr
Find Me Online
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cheeseslave
- Follow me on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cheeseslave
- My List of Q (QAnon) Resources: https://www.cheeseslave.com/q-resources/
Support Me & My Work
I have been blogging about real food, alternative health, and about the dangers of vaccines and Big Pharma since 2007. As a result, the cabal has punished me severely financially via the IRS, FTC, hacks, etc. I lost my blog network in 2014 which I now believe was an orchestrated attack. Last summer, I lost 80% of my income from my blog due to the Google algorithm change that impacted almost all health bloggers including Dr. Mercola.I'm now working to build my blog and YouTube channel and I appreciate all the support from my fans. Once I can start making more money, I will be able to hire some help and childcare, so I can create more content. Thank you for any help you can offer. Here are some ways you can support me as a content creator and journalist:
- Support me on Patreon (I'm still setting up the bonuses from the tiers but you can start donating now).
- Buy my shampoo or skincare. Want more info? Read my review of MONAT. Or click here to learn how to order MONAT and save the most money. Got questions? Send me an email at email@example.com with any questions or if you need help placing an order.
- Send me a donation via Paypal: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enroll in my online course: Online Marketing Simplified. Updates to the course are temporarily on hold so I can cover Q -- but I will be back to adding course lessons as soon as the storm is over and we are out of quarantine -- any week now!
- If you can't help financially, it's OK! You can help by sharing my content. Share my blog posts, YouTube videos, and Facebook & Instagram posts, and leave me comments. Sharing helps get my work seen -- and liking and commenting helps boost the content in the search engine algorithms.